View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 04:35 PM

lol.

this remind me of my late dad. we had a chip monk who made himself at home under our front stoop. my dad thought it would basically keep diggin and cause the stoop to sink eventually. he would fill the holes, stick rocks in it, etc, but the chip monk would just dig a new tunnel 2 feet farther away from the stoop. i just think it was pissin him off bc the chip monk kept winning. well, he dug out the sides of it and poured concrete 2 freakin feet below grade(this stoop only had a footing at the front and back). the little bastage just dug right under it and just kept occupying. one day i was in the basement, and complained that i kept smelling gasoline down there. after some denial, he addmited he poured gasoline all around the stoop to get the chip monk to rethink it's residency. lol. yeah well, the chip monk didnt mind. he finally just made this elaborate trap in the garage, rigged with acorns, so he could catch it alive. i think he had other plans for his enemy, but let it go in the woods a couple miles down the road. i think he actually became attached to it for giving him an activity.

sorry for the lack of help, but just reminded me of this. good times. even though you could catch it with the trap design my dad made. i still have them in all sizes i could tke a picture of. he caught some rather large possums with them.