Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2010, 01:16 PM

Default BPL April 6th morning trip

Wow. This year has been slow compared to the last couple of years. I had a crew of my coworker and his brother, cousin, and nephew. My coworker's relatives were visiting from West Virginia and have never fished for trophy sized stripers so he asked me to take them. With our crew of 5 we put out our 6 rod spread. Before all 6 were out we had a fish off the board on a solo 3oz green mylar chute. Quickly after landing that fish, we landed number two on a green umbrella out 75' with 20oz. We were off to a good start. However after that the bite died. We ended up losing a fish that we couldnt get a rubber band to break on and we also lost a fish off the board that was most of the way to the boat. There was very little bait and very little marks. Despite my crew of 5 we went 2 for 4. Both fish were mid 30's fish. Despite the disappointment in action, we had a great morning on the water. We were glad to still have the opportunity to fish.

Saw a couple of other CBAnglers out there who reported about the same action as us.

Here is the spread I have been running this preseason (for the most part) with one planer board.

planer board (starting closest to the board)
1. 2 oz green solo chute out 8 bars
2. 2/5 oz tandem out 7-8 bars
3. 5oz solo white chute 6-7 bars
4. 3/6 oz tandem chute 5-6 bars
5. 6/9 oz tandem out 5 bars

Then I run 1 umbrella off the boat out 5-7 bars with 16-20oz inline.

Last edited by B-Faithful; 04-06-2010 at 01:19 PM.