Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 06-03-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed D View Post
Hey Marty...what is the swallowest water you'll run this set in.

I figure we'll be trying a different spot next time out and was wondering how much water we needed to use your setup.

Ed
Ed; We have been catching fish in 35-60 ft (similar to Tawn). However, when the blues get in here, we run this same spread in water as shallow as 17 ft near Sharps Island Light Now keep in mind, I may crank up the two deepest rods a bar or two so they dont hit bottom. Also remember that you cant make any sharp turns and drop the other rigs on the bottom
I would say that my spread works best in 20 ft or more water.

On my personal boat, nothing frustrates me more than seeing the fish on downscan/sidescan and knowing they are there, but not getting hit. If I'm in deeper water (50+ ft) and marking lots of bait and fish, but not getting hit; I have no problem checking out shallow water (25+ ft) to see if fish are more cooperative.
If I lose all my bait and fish shallow, I go back to deep water. If chummers are catching in 25-30 ft; the fish must be there

As I said in a previous post; the silversides are all over the mid bay area. Long streams of bait on the screen and the fish are spitting up half digested silversides. Small spoons of any sort should work. I don't know if the silversides have made it up north of the bridge.

Glad to here Tawn got bit off by a blue. They love those silversides. This give us two species to catch (rock and blues). It also means the birds will be more active

I know livelinning is really coming into it's own as well. Looks like the summer pattern is setting up nicely.

If we can keep water quality to acceptable levels, it should be good fishing.

5th (Marty)