Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-07-2012, 08:04 PM

I hear ya Marty. I hate to see summer come to an end and I am no big fan of winter. BUT that nice new pilothouse will ease the pain on those cold days just around the corner

By the way....have you bought your Mr. Heater Portable Buddy Heater yet?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:37 PM

Don; I have one that I used on the old boat. It's not as powerful as the Mr Buddy Heater, but still throws some nice heat. It's the Sport Cat version. Only gives off 1500 btu's but that's enough to warm up the inside.

On the old boat, it would clear the frosted windows and warm us up just fine.

5th (Marty)
Old 10-09-2012, 05:43 PM

I know I probably sound like a wuss, but it was down right nasty out there today.

Good thing I always take a napsack full of clothes on the charter boat with me. The wind was a little stiff this morning as I headed for Deale. A light rain fell, but it was predicted to quite early in the morning. I got all the rods set up and the crew arrived just before daybreak.

The ride out of the harbor was calm and did not foreshadow what was to come. When we left the breakwater, whitecaps greeted us. Not a big deal for a 46 ft Markley. As we passed the 30ft ledge and headed toward the channel, the white caps added some nice 3 ft rollers to their mix. As the waves hit the port side of the hull, baywater spray flew across the decks. NOTE TO SELF: time to put those curtains back on.

It was time to cover these blue jeans with some nylon rain pants. The deck stayed wet for most of the morning. Rain threatened, but held off. The sun never came out strong enough to dry things off.

The crab pots have been moved out to deeper water and we did catch one today. We got all our tackle back, so all was good. The fishing ok, but I think the cold front may have them off their food a bit. Everyone had a good time, but the boat was a rockin when broadside to the waves. You had to bring your sealegs with you today.

The weather feels like the big girls should be here and we should be using planerboards. But alas, they are still working their way south to us.

Hurry up!!! Git here soon.

5th (Marty)
Old 10-10-2012, 12:00 PM

Default Oh Please....

I thought I was about to read an obituary....

LOVE THIS WEATHER.. STILL WEARING SHORTS...

Granted I gave up my tee short for a hoody.. ( don;t shoot, it's only me)

Loving the temps outside.

I've hated this past season of summer. Truly, at 48 years old, I have never ever sweated so much in my life. Up to three showers a day, and thats just ridiculous. I've lost a phone to the sweat, penetrating through my short pockets, and dripping into the slot do hickey, thus rendering my phone useless.

Right now is GREAT sleeping weather.. Crack the windows a tad, get under the covers with my wife.... I'm good.....
Old 10-10-2012, 05:07 PM

This time tomorrow night I'll be chilling around a campfire, or maybe sitting on the pier at Shad Landing.

Yup, then it's all downhill from there.......
Old 10-10-2012, 06:21 PM

I love the 4 seasons of MD. Each season brings something different and makes us look forward to the next. Summer used to be my favorite but Fall is the favorite now. Fishing, crabbing and hunting. Turn off the air and open the windows. Winter can be fun but gives us something to look forward to, the Spring. I'm getting old and enjoy every minute and don't wish my time away.............Gary
Old 10-10-2012, 06:29 PM

Brian; today was nice, but yesterday was miserable on the water.

I had my boat out looking in the upper bay around the Magothy and Gibson Island. Lots of small birds (liar birds) working bait and small rock and blues. We did pull a few nice blues and keeper rock out of the mix.

I didn't see much in the way of bigger rock. On the way into my creek, I did see Mike (Garlien) on his way out. He said the evening bite has been much better and he even had the audacity to send me a photo of some keeper rock he was catching while I washed the boat and flushed the motor.

Winds were westerly, so the bay was very nice. Water temp was 66* on my meter. It's cooling off nicely as well.

5th (marty)