Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 12-07-2015, 06:47 AM

Looks like everyone had fun. Nice job. Did Mike get his fish?

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 12-07-2015, 07:50 AM

I believe he did But Mike's day started off with a "bang" not three miles from picking up the boat at 4:30 am
5th
Old 12-07-2015, 08:15 AM

As always. Nice job Marty.

Glad you got to get down there and have a great day !
Old 12-07-2015, 08:43 AM

Light winds, no fog, and lots of fish... you know how to pick your days! Sounds like a great trip... And a good decision to go with only boat rods so you could pick up and run to the bigger fish!
Old 12-07-2015, 08:47 AM

Yes we did indeed get our fish! However ........... My day was not as pleasant as Marty's! Like he said my day did start with a "bang"! Not far from hook ink boat up I crossed paths with the most stupid buck in Anne Arundel county. The dump ass crossed the road in front of me( plenty of room) well when the dumb ass cleared the roadway and on edge of woods he turns and charges the truck. Bam! Right into the side of the truck bed in front of rear tire. Amazingly only two small dents that probably can be pulled with a suction cup. Fog at patuxant river was reidiculous. Launch boat and headed out to flat calm seas. Fishing was slow at first but after Greg told us where they were it was game on with multiple hook ups until current slacked. Really enjoyed ourselves and could not believe how clear water was. Only other mishap was at the ramp when I went to hook winch cable to bow hook I noticed it was broken right where it enters the hull. Thank god I have a drive on trailer. Normally don't trailer that often and looking at the amount of corrosion on stainless steel hook it had been cracked for some time. I would like to thank Marty for leading the way and Greg for putting us on them. We were a little more greedy and didn't keep anything under 23". Plan on another voyage Friday down there if anyone is interested. Trying to talk Marty into taking his as well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (10.2 KB, 24 views)
Old 12-07-2015, 08:50 AM

A shot of the "great one" Marty scooting across calm seas! Sorry I was close to him when I grabbed camera but the he saw birds and turned to starboard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (15.9 KB, 27 views)
Old 12-07-2015, 10:10 AM

One big difference from your reports and our experience on Friday is that birds started going nuts just before slack and it was non-stop action right through slack for about 3 hours until we had to leave them biting. Did you guys have lots of birds showing you the way while the bite was on? How bad was the boat traffic? On Friday we probably only had about 10-15 boats to contend with at the peak. Can't imagine what it must have been like on a weekend.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Robin View Post
One big difference from your reports and our experience on Friday is that birds started going nuts just before slack and it was non-stop action right through slack for about 3 hours until we had to leave them biting. Did you guys have lots of birds showing you the way while the bite was on? How bad was the boat traffic? On Friday we probably only had about 10-15 boats to contend with at the peak. Can't imagine what it must have been like on a weekend.

There were birds working here and there while on the troll and later in the afternoon as tide started to turn they started going nuts but could only manage smaller fish. Marty said they got one 27 in the afternoon jig on birds and best we could manage was about 23"-24" fish while jigging, granted not bad fish but was looking for something of larger quality. Didn't much mater since we both had our over/under limits already it was just a stop on way back in before heading home. As for boat traffic there were a lot of boats but everyone behaved and it wasn't bad, except one guy in a Judge that came so close one time trying to keep me off of "his fish" I could see the color of his eyes! I won't mention any names! Marty and I managed to protect our little piece of real estate rather nicely. All in all it was a great day.and thanks again Jason for the Intel you provided Friday evening, it was put to good use.

Last edited by Mako mike; 12-07-2015 at 01:28 PM.