Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2010, 10:15 AM

Steve; I hope I'm not putting you on the spot, but could you give an estimate on what a nice custom rod would cost. Give a price on one of your 6'2" M/H jigging/casting rods and also a sweet trolling rod.

Most of my rods are all mismatched walmart, kmart, bps, fleamarket finds. They all catch fish and I probably wouldn't throw away any of them. However, I don't have any "good" rods, and it might be nice to know what a custom rod might cost in case the kids are looking for a birthday, fathersday, or any other day present.

When someone invites you on their boat for a day of jigging, topwater, or livelinning, it would be nice to grab that "special" rod to take along.

I use mostly spinning reels, and only have two casting reels (abu garcia ambassadore's). Are the spinning rods as "sensitive" as the casting rods? I would imagine the casting rods would be more sensitive since some of them allow you to "feel" the blank.

So, if you're up to it maybe a little elementary explanation on the benifits of casting vs spinning rods for jigging would be appreciated.

This is not limited to Steve, guys with experience please chime in here.

I always try to take care of my tackle, which is why my "cheep" stuff lasts as long as it does. I don't need "sensitivity" for most of my fishing, but I would like to learn jigging so I can expand my fishing knowledge.

Thanks, 5th (Marty)

p.s. If you feel more comfortable P.M. me the price's

Last edited by 5th Tuition; 02-15-2010 at 10:20 AM.