Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2010, 12:44 PM

Default Lowrance HDS Combo

Hey gang; I'm really close to getting a HDS 7 combo. My supplier and I have a disagreement over the transducer. I say the 83/200 and the 50/200 are seperate transducer. I want the 83/200 for the bay. Can anyone confirm for me they are two different units?
I am also looking at getting the base unit WITHOUT the insight mapping, and getting the navionics platinum card instead.
Now for the news. While searching the lowrance websight, I found a news release dated 2/10/10 that says lowranse is going to release a new sd INSIGHT chip that will be better than the internal INSIGHT mapping on their older machines. It is supposed to be faster, and include more detail. The problem is it's not to be released until April 2010. With the history of lowrance not meeting their release dates, I'm still going to get the nav card, but maybe take a look at the new INSIGHT chip for Christmas.

Just a reminder, the average temperature for this time of year is 46 degrees. Spring is on it's way.
5th (Marty)