Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-15-2011, 03:30 PM

Default Kayaking Group

How many of you own (or have access) to kayaks? My wife and I have had our yaks for two years. I have a sit in (angler edition) and she has a sit on top yak. We have explored a lot of calm water areas and were wondering if we could put together a small database of people to contact when we go.

If I had a list of names (and email addresses); I, or anyone in the group, could send out an email of when and where they were going. It would be VERY informal.

It might go something like this: We are headed to Tuckaho State Park on April 3rd to yak and fish. We plan on launching at 10am and returning back to the ramp by 2pm. There are restrooms/grills/picnic benches available for lunch and snacks. Anyone interested can meet us in the parking lot near the boat ramp just prior to launch time.

It would be open to singles or couples and we can exchange some of the areas we have found among the group to expand our yaking experiences.

This is just a wintertime thought. It might succeed, or flop. If you want to get on my list, post your name (and email) to be included. PM me if you want to keep your email address confidential.

Once again; this wouldn't be my club/group. It would be up to anyone in the group who wants to "advertise" where they would be launching and asking for some fellow yakers to join in.

How about it?
5th (Marty)
Old 01-15-2011, 04:33 PM

My wife was giving me grief today about how little I've used my yak in the last six months. So this proposal works well.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
My wife was giving me grief today about how little I've used my yak in the last six months. So this proposal works well.
Chris; I got your information. Get your wife a inexpensive yak so she can go with us. As I said, my wife likes calm water kayaking. She explores the shoreline while I fish for bass or perch.
5th (Marty)

Come on Ravens, get your chit together in this second half.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:12 AM

I have two kayaks. one oldtown sit in that is actually pretty nice and not so perfect one inherited from a person who lost interest. When I lived in Tennessee I caught some nice bass out of the yak. Now back in MD my normal trip is solo on Stoney creek I paddle around and hit the piers and some old hunts I learned as a kid growing up on the creek. If anyone wants to hit stoney creek drop me a line I have a descent private launch. I would like to do some more planned adventures with the wife. I have a great book which details Kayaking in Maryland which has all of the information for trips on the western & eastern shore.

Rob

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot
Old 01-16-2011, 11:49 AM

Good to know about the booklet Rob. You and your wife are added to the list.
Can you send me a email address through PM?
5th (Marty)
Old 01-16-2011, 11:51 AM

How about you (Baldy). I know you have at least one yak. Did you buy another for the wife?
5th (Marty)
Old 01-16-2011, 12:09 PM

I have a kayak Marty. Soon as I figure where to mount the trolling motor, I will join you guys.............Gary
Old 01-16-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
I have a kayak Marty. Soon as I figure where to mount the trolling motor, I will join you guys.............Gary
No need for a trolling motor. If you can't paddle where we paddle, you are in real bad shape. Your son would love paddling with us. We can find another yak for him. A lot of the places we paddle (Tuckaho, Smithville lake, etc.) if you tip over, just stand up, it's not very deep.
Some places we go are deeper rivers and lakes, but mostly all calm water. I'd rather check out the headwaters of the Magothy or Bodkin Creek than the main channels.
Your son would have a ball.
If you think it might be something you want to try, PM me an email address.
5th (Marty)
Old 01-16-2011, 12:45 PM

Might be worth a drive to see if Indian Landing will allow you to launch kayaks.

The marina is at the headwaters of the Severn - upstream is perfect for kayaks.

Not deep but bottom is muddy in spots.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
How about you (Baldy). I know you have at least one yak. Did you buy another for the wife?
5th (Marty)
You have my info grandpa. Call me or pm if you need more.