Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-14-2011, 05:39 PM

Default Electrical problems again...

Well, my motor cranks but now the OD won't move, the "trailor up" does not work and the trim tabs do not function! I was not getting any "clicking" noise from any of the above solenoids so I thought it was not getting power. I jumped from the battery terminal to where the red wire connects to the solenoid at the Oildyne pump assembly but still got nothing! All suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you, Bob
Old 04-14-2011, 10:58 PM

Odd that the tabs and the trim would both quit working at the same time....that's probably good news actually.

So you're getting juice TO the solenoid, but maybe you don't have a complete circuit?
Old 04-15-2011, 07:10 AM

Thats how it appears to me but then again I don't know anything. What should the colors of the wires be that come from the switches? I checked everything else. Thanks again, Bob
Old 05-01-2011, 06:21 PM

Well, I fixed the OD trim & tilt and likewise for the trim tabs. Dirty connections were the problem. Put a new bilge pump in and wired it up. Everything works on that so I need to align the engine and adjust the shift cable and start the new engine up! After a two year hiatus I could actually be on the water this coming weekend!!!