Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-31-2010, 09:54 AM

All I see coming from these steps to "protect" the stripers is a bunch of regulations that don't impact the fishery at all. All governmental B.S. meant to please everyone. They should start with water quality and ban all netting from the bay. Period!!!! This would help all the fish as opposed to stuff like "must be a non-offset circle hook, no off-set circle hooks. These small rules do not amount to much when one considers all the fish in the bay. I would campaign against the officals that made these statements on the basis that they are treating us like infants and also out right lying to us! Just an old mans' thoughts, Bob
Old 01-31-2010, 12:48 PM

The thing that really bothered me the most was DNR saying so much was unknown on the C/R issue - then saying there was no money to study the unknown.

Got to laugh at ASMFC being concerned over C/R fishing yet not saying much about the thousands and thousands of big spawner Rock killed by the poachers.

Then again - nothing ASMFC does surprises me anymore.