Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-09-2018, 09:45 AM

Default Back again to STC

Wife noticed leg had turned red and was warm to the touch and contactacted the surgeon. They were worried about infection and or blood clot so off to trauma center on Monday to be checked out.
Doc looked at leg and said there was nothing to be concerned about and took another series of x rays.
After looking at X-rays got some good and bad news.
Good news is that I am now out of the brace and am 50% weight bearing now.
Bad news is that damaged muscle tissue will more than likely keep me from having full use of damaged leg and climbing ladders and kneeling more than likely out of the question. Yes earlier then planned retirement from HVAC business may be a good thing but would have much rather gone out on my own terms and on two good legs!
So if you see a bald gimpy handicap guy trying to get on or off a boat this season please feel free to lend a hand. I guess I need to look into a handicap plaque for the boat so I can get premium dockage.
I attached recent x ray and this one shows the plate where I broke the femur at the hip 13 years ago.
I found a ride to the Frederick show this weekend and hope to see some of you there!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ECBB5BD0-A816-446D-AAD9-34F08EAA282C.jpg (9.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-09-2018, 10:24 AM

Damn Mike;
Glad to hear the good news (no infection or blood clot); sorry to hear the bad news (limited mobility)
This was a bad accident (not that I have to tell you). Getting back to as close to 100% was the goal from the outset.
Every day makes the "healing" process a little better. Every month makes the "recovery" process better.
I have no doubt that you will be able to recuperate a very large portion of your normal function.
If you have to join us "retired" guys; so be it I guess the bay will be just a little bit more crowded during the week
Stay strong my friend,
5th

p.s. Not going to Frederick; Kent Island will be my first show this year.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:33 PM

you looked old enough to be retired a few times over...

All joking aside it's good to hear the recovery process is going well. The best news is you will be able to fish with Marty during the week and have the waters mostly to yourself!

Keep your chin up and hopefully, I will see you at Early Hights Expo!

Judge Yachts 36 Chesapeake
| Twin Suzuki DF300 | Furuno Electronics
Old 01-09-2018, 07:31 PM

Can’t they ever just give GOOD news?? Why is there always bad news too? Well, there could be worse things. Weekday Fishing is the best but if more of you guys keep retiring, it will be just as bad as the weekend. I may trade in JUSTIFIED for a sailboat so I don’t have to worry about the rest of the boats out there ANY day!!!

Old 01-09-2018, 07:35 PM

Jeff;
If you trade in Justified for a sailboat, do we still get steamed shrimp for an appetizer
5th
Old 01-11-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Jeff;
If you trade in Justified for a sailboat, do we still get steamed shrimp for an appetizer
5th
With all the money I’ll be making selling used Fishing Tackle off my keel, I’ll be serving prawns!!!
(Lolo- prawns are REALLY BIG shrimp)

Last edited by Chessie27; 01-11-2018 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Spelling