Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-20-2014, 03:36 PM

Default Lying to the Easter Bunny was a great time!!

Coming from a split home and marrying into a split home and all the folks are local, holidays are always a challenge. This year instead of rushing around like an idiot to have 4 family meals all 30 minutes apart we told them we were going somewhere else instead and so on and so on until we just happened to have no obligations. Well what else is there to do now but go fishing!?! Met up with Shoreboy6, his better half, my queen and I and away we went.
Trolled above the bridge off Kent island with 17 rods spread. Caught 4 nice fish-35",36", 37", and 1 just over 40". At least one of these were a personal best!! . Rougher than I would like it to be but then laid down a bit once the tide changed. All fish were released. Hit mostly white tandems off boards but the 40" was a deep boat rod with a white Spankin Striper tandem.
For a day I should have been stressed out running from family to family, it was a great Easter with friends instead. I may have to try this trick again......

Now headed out on the Chester to chase some catfish!!!

Also coached a buddy on getting his boat's first fish- a nice 33". He tried all last season, without much luck but today was his opening day and the curse has been broken!!!

Old 04-20-2014, 05:16 PM

Congratulations on "dodging" the relatives. Don't do it too often, some day you might need to go into a nursing home
You want them to pick a nice one by the water for you

Glad you picked up some nice fish north of the bridge.
5th
Old 04-20-2014, 06:56 PM

Monster Catfish delivered!! (Plus a white perch and an eel).

Been a long day, might be time for a little cocktail.

5th- Darn fine point sir!! Think it's too late for an Easter egg hunt??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (91.9 KB, 16 views)

Old 04-20-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Monster Catfish delivered!! (Plus a white perch and an eel).

Been a long day, might be time for a little cocktail.

5th- Darn fine point sir!! Think it's too late for an Easter egg hunt??
Jeff,

How big were the monster cats? were you in the Potomac using gizzard shads? It's good to hear that fish are hitting both north and south of the bridge.

Don
Old 04-21-2014, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat09 View Post
Jeff,

How big were the monster cats? were you in the Potomac using gizzard shads? It's good to hear that fish are hitting both north and south of the bridge.

Don
Don,
In the Chester
on garlic shrimp
Look closer, she is showing you the "monster" but the black glove makes it tough to see

Old 04-22-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Coming from a split home and marrying into a split home and all the folks are local, holidays are always a challenge. This year instead of rushing around like an idiot to have 4 family meals all 30 minutes apart we told them we were going somewhere else instead and so on and so on until we just happened to have no obligations. Well what else is there to do now but go fishing!?! Met up with Shoreboy6, his better half, my queen and I and away we went.
Trolled above the bridge off Kent island with 17 rods spread. Caught 4 nice fish-35",36", 37", and 1 just over 40". At least one of these were a personal best!! . Rougher than I would like it to be but then laid down a bit once the tide changed. All fish were released. Hit mostly white tandems off boards but the 40" was a deep boat rod with a white Spankin Striper tandem.
For a day I should have been stressed out running from family to family, it was a great Easter with friends instead. I may have to try this trick again......

Now headed out on the Chester to chase some catfish!!!

Also coached a buddy on getting his boat's first fish- a nice 33". He tried all last season, without much luck but today was his opening day and the curse has been broken!!!
Glad you had a nice Easter day on the bay. One day I will tell you my story of Easter 2014. Let me say that we did get 3 fish after we finally got out however I donated a rib or two and a toe to Easter Bunny
The Bunny is not to be messed with.

bhl (Bruce)