Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-20-2009, 10:49 PM

Default Good Looking site

Hey all,
Name:Craig
Kids: 2 daughters 16, and 12
Boat: Proline 20 DC
Fishing Style: Whatever it takes, whenever I can
Location: Usually launch at Chesapeake Beach or Breezy, occasionally Solomons and sometimes out of the West River.

Stumbled on the site following a reference from TF, Have been fishing the bay for about 4 years now. Favorite style is LTJ but that unfortunately has to take a back seat to my obsession with big fish. I havent figured out how to do both at the same time yet, so trolling is my mainstay, but I always have the light rods onboard.

Will fish midbay till Mid December then will take 2-3trips to CBBT to dunk eels and chase birds depending on what work and personal life will allow. I fish by myself at least half of the time, although I have Ho'd and gotten Ho's a couple times, each of which was fine, I just feel like I wouldnt want to end up with a HO that turned out to be PIA or something, So I usually just go alone.

Will be fishing tomorrow out of Breezy..Channel 68
Old 11-21-2009, 08:19 AM

Scott D. - Sales Rep for a paint company, 39 years old, 13 y.o daughter and a 9 y.o. son.

Married for almost 15 years.

I've been a freshwater fishing junkie for about 15 years now. I love all of it; ponds, lakes, rivers....anything that holds them big ugly ole' Largemouth.

We moved to Cape St Claire in 2005 and I became sort of a redneck saltwater fisherman......I run my bass boat up and down the Magothy fishing the tributaries for Stripers, White and Yellow Perch, Pickerel and the quite rare-to-the-river Largemouth. I'm just as content floating around the river or anchoring somewhere with a sandwich and beer as I am fishing.... (Seriously....what redneck puts a cd player on a 15' bass boat, fills the livewell with ice and beer and uses a golf umbrella in a rod holder as a bimini top? )

So if you're in the Magothy and see a little red Cajun bass boat with an 85hp Yamaha come over and say hi. Or at least laugh at me as the wake from your Parkers and Gradys tosses me around pretty good.

Hooked up with my old friend Garlien last year and he's gotten me to cover more water on the bay in the past two summers than I have my entire life.

Now I just have to fill my saltwater tackle bag.....stuff's more expensive than the freshwater stuff I'm used to.

Tight lines,
Spot77
Old 11-21-2009, 08:15 PM

Christy Henderson here. My husband Michael and I own Buzz's Marina in Ridge, MD. Most of the names here are familiar and that's nice to see. Thanks Marty for telling me where everybody went!
Old 11-23-2009, 07:14 PM

Thanks to Greg for filling me in on the new site.

I am Billy, 23 years old, fresh out of Towson U. I had my own electronics installation company for a few years but am now in the boat detailing business with Prestige Detailing and Yacht Management.

I run a 22' Sea Pro that is absolutely decked out with fishing gear and electronics. I have had it 52 miles out of chincoteage and love fishing blue water. I run it all over the bay and have fished from NJ and MA from it as well. I also get out with my dad on his Grady.

Me on the right, pops on the left
Old 11-23-2009, 09:47 PM

Default Hey there!

Mark here. 40 years old (ouch) Married for 17 years, two kids, boy 6, girl 2. Teach 5th grade in Fairfax county public schools. Started fishing the bay 5 years ago with a teaching buddy (WJZINK) and learned a lot from the other board and hoing with good fishermen over time. I don't own a boat but I've helped Wayne along the way and we keep the boat down at BUZZ'S even though it's a haul from NOVA, the fishing is just too damn good. Also fish a lot out of Breezy on another Triumph boat with my buddy Billy. I'll fish or hunt anything, any time, anywhere. Grew up fishing the Great Lakes for Salmon and Trout and central Michigan for Smallmouth, Pike, Perch, Crappie, Walleye and even Suckers when they were running in the spring. Spent a lot of time in West Africa and managed to fish and hunt there too. Now I hunt deer in Loudon county and will troll, liveline, or bottomfish wherever it's going on. Glad to find out about this board and will contribute what I know in the future. Mark. Gonna see if I can post a pic, (from the summer) If it works, it's cheesy.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:54 PM

Default Tryin' to figure it out

Maybe a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mrkdav.jpg (43.1 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by merogers; 11-23-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Aaah, it's the size
Old 11-24-2009, 06:57 PM

Hey everyone,

Andy Aument, 35 married for seven years and no kids yet. I live in Falls Church, VA and fish out of Harbour Cove in Deale, MD. We have a year 2000 Trophy walk around 2002 model with a 150 Merc. Boats been in Deale for a few years now and OC, MD before that. Usually fish with my wife and dad, and whoever else tags along. We also just moved into a neighborhood with a private lake so I've been ripping the lips of LMB's all summer when the weather didn't cooperate on the bay. Saw this board referenced on another, so I thought I'd check it out. Glad to hear that the BOE folks are involved with cbangler, I've always been real impressed with their business and service.

Andy
Old 11-25-2009, 08:55 AM

Why would anybody acknowledge that they know mark simms { BALDZILLA}. Right away you get a bad wrap.Hope you are having fun in cabo you big LOOOSER
Old 11-25-2009, 10:13 AM

Boy, bunch familiar faces here. I'm Andy Zimmer. I am estimator/project manager/VP of a mid sized commercial HVAC company. 35 years old with 2 kids(10 year old girl, 8 year old boy). Guess you could say I'm divorced (almost) but thats a long story.

Grew up fishing on dads 28' Bertram a little in the bay but mostly offshore until dad sold the boat in '94. Went to mostly bass fishing, trout fishing and hunting until I decided I wanted to move on to bigger and better things and bought my current boat (20' SeaCraft) in Feb '07. Now I mostly target stripers on LT and fly anywhere from Susky Flats to CBBT. Guess I would say my home territory is UB beween HMI and EB but trailer to wherever the fish are. Ready to start making the run to Cape Charles.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:54 AM

Just found this site and figured I would join in .....

Dennis K and I'm 56. Been married for 37 years (yep started early) I must be the luckiest man on earth to have a Wife that loves to fish. Actually it's something we did on one of our first dates. I was born and raised in the Baltimore area (Poly '70) and have lived in Catonsville since 1985. We have 2 children both married and on their own. They have 4 kids between them. I work locally here at Ciena Communications - you may have seen the name lately in the news related to the Nortel deal. Looks like we are going to be busier than ever, if that's possible.

I have a 33 Grady White (Baits Motel II) that is docked at Podickory Point. My first recollection of fishing the bay was with my father when I was 6. We fished Hoppers Is., Solomons and around the areas around the Bay Bridge. Now, I mostly fish from Love Point to Bloody Pt but don't mind making those longer runs if I have to. Actually, we ran all the way to Hatteras last year and spent a week fishing offshore. What a blast and I can't wait to do it again. Looks like I will be heading to OC this year. We both love to cruise and find a quiet cove to spend the weekend on the hook as much as we like to fish. (of course I always have a line in the water when we are anchored)

Unfortunately I am out of the water right now and looking forward to Spring.

Last edited by Stonewall; 11-26-2009 at 08:57 AM.