Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-25-2009, 04:37 PM

Default PLO Trolliing 11-25

Headed out of the park at 5:45 this morning to buoy 70 area and started putting out the spread. Action was little cool this morning. Picked up two on our return pass across the channel in around 70' (32/40 inchers). Few more passes and we picked up two more (20/39 inchers). Couple more passes and picked up 1 more 38" that was thrown back.

White was hot color this morning. All bites occurred while trolling west near the western edge in the 60-80' area. Four hits came on boat umbrellas and one off of a single white 9 oz chute 60' off the board (this 9 oz chute has produced every trip this fall).

The 20" had sea lice on her ..I didn't think the young ones were ocean fish but maybe she was from the cbbt neighborhood?
Old 11-25-2009, 05:25 PM

Keith; how are the crab pots down that way? Good job on the fish. With all the fog this morning; we stayed north in "home" waters. 5th (Marty)
Old 11-25-2009, 05:35 PM

very nice trip and report, keith. sounds like a perfect day!
Old 11-25-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Keith; how are the crab pots down that way? Good job on the fish. With all the fog this morning; we stayed north in "home" waters. 5th (Marty)
Hey Marty,

On Sunday, I came out of Buzz's and there were some crab pots but not excessive. Today out of PLO park, I don't recall seeing any except a few just on the Potomac side. I start putting out my spread around the 50' line and the area is clear. I think if you head over to the eastern side there are still quite a few but I haven't been on that edge lately since the fish seem to be staying west.

And there was no fog down our way. It was actually a nice day on the water.