Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 07-04-2017, 05:26 AM

Default July 3rd - back with a vengeance!

After yesterday's trip, I actually went and bought a flat of buggies. Left the dock at 5:45 with No Ragrets and our brides. Set up 3-4 miles from my slip in 26' of water north of the small charter fleet that was already there. If the fish keep coming north, I may not even need to leave the slip! Chunked up a few fish between 21-24" and boxed 3. Bored with chunking already, we picked up and started trolling about 7:00. Immediately hooked up with a short on BFGs and then the big fish started. Boxed 2 overs and another nice under. Fish hit on both red hose and spoons. Caught enough that the crew was arguing that they "reeled in the last one, it's your turn!"
Talked to a few others that had done well chumming south of me as well.

What a difference a day can make!!

Hopefully the elderly man with the medical emergency out there made out ok. Chumming in the bay is no place to have a potential heart attack.

Last edited by Chessie27; 07-04-2017 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 07-06-2017, 06:46 AM

So that's why the coast gard came running balls to the wall in and outta there? Was wondering what was going on
Old 07-06-2017, 06:19 PM

Yeah, saw on Tidalflush that he was ok, had heat stroke. A good reason to stay hydrated 🍻. Also saw on istagram where dnr was posting they had made 15 OUI (Operating Under the Influence) arrests over the holiday weekend I guess the hand on the throttle should keep away from the bottle! Would be a good rule of thumb. Or if you MUST tie one on....make it a life jacket!!

Boat wisely my friends!!!

Old 07-10-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post

Hopefully the elderly man with the medical emergency out there made out ok. Chumming in the bay is no place to have a potential heart attack.
AED's for marine use are available but man are they expensive. Might be a good investment for a captain the KNOWS he or she is frequently taking out higher risk anglers.

https://cardiaclife.net/boating-aed-packages
Old 07-10-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
AED's for marine use are available but man are they expensive. Might be a good investment for a captain the KNOWS he or she is frequently taking out higher risk anglers.

https://cardiaclife.net/boating-aed-packages

Ouch!! That is a chunk of change. I think I will just carry my diesel battery jumper pack and mix with some wet rags. It should basically do the same thing...