Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-01-2009, 04:57 PM

Default Me...

Eric's the name and I hate to say it I just turned 40, but it's just a number right!

I currently live in Churchville, MD, grew up on middle river and have been on the bay/ocean all my life. I work in IT, so I can support my Wife and 15yr old Daughter Jordan. Oh, and to put gas in my 2000 Mako 293 - JordieMag.

Great to see this board, hope it continues to be a Good Place to be. I've often thought about starting another Chesapeake forum in lieu of the constant negativity on TF.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:03 PM

My name is Walter 41 yrs old live in White Plains Md. Married with 3 kids 19 yr old daughter and 2 boys age 17 and 7. I make a living in the welding and fabrication industry. Enjoy fishing,hunting and hangin with my wife and kids . I own a 1976 Stamas 2332 series with 351 /888 outdrive setup. Pretty much fish the Potomac river from the Harry Nice bridge on down to Pt.Lookout.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:55 PM

Default Made it!

Wow--its like a scary family reunion over here! Great to see a lot of familiar faces and meet some new ones.

My name is Hans Lemke. I am married to excessively patient gal and have a 3 year old daughter (Who caught a walking catfish and a softshell turtle last week--gotta love Flordia). Originally from PA, I grew up flyfishing for trout and smallies but always loved fishing the Bay a lot more. Decided to go to school at St. Mary's so that I could be within pissing distance of saltwater. "Studied" marine biology there and now I run biology teaching labs at University of Maryland, College Park. Great job since I can pretty easily blow off days during the week to fish.

I have an 18' Starcraft CC -- blue hull, T-top. I like to fish for just about anything that I can, but my favorite fish in the bay are the blues. I am all for getting rid of these damn rock so that we can have the bluefish runs like the 80's again!
We usually troll in the spring and winter and LTJ the rest of the time, though I plan on trying more jigging this year. I from the BB to PLO and crab mostly in the South.
I am also frequently on my buddies CpaeCraft 22 CC Dinner Bell out of Breezy.

If anybody needs company for the CBBT this year, let me know.

Hans
Old 12-02-2009, 01:50 PM

Default Wow

12 pages of responses! I'm Mike Wood (mrmoray someplace else). I'm 39, and live in Damascus MD with my wife of 10 years, 14 year old stepson and 8 year old son.
I've fished the bay, on and off, since I was about 8 myself. When I was young, it was mostly the the Kent Island area from Bloody to Love Point, through the Chester and Eastern Bay. I remember catching nothing but bluefish in the 80s, the moratorium on rockfish, then the first half of the 90s when the rockfish returned. I got away from fishing in the late 90s as I met my wife and then eventually got married. While that was a good time for me, from what I gather, I may have missed some of the best years, in recent memory, for the rockfish. Sounds like the early 2000s were great from what I read.
Anyway, in early 2005 I got my first boat. Its a family boat...22' Searay, but I do what I can to fish on it too. I now fish mostly the upper bay, from the bridge north, but I have ventured below the bridge during spring trophy season. I had never heard of LTJing before I got my boat but have been working to learn that technique more than any other since I started fishing again. I prefer light tackle, and bait fishing on my boat is difficult, so LTJing works best for me right now. I'm not great at it, but I think I get a little bit better each year. 2009 was definitely my most successful year so far. My 8 year old, Ryan, officially became hooked on fishing this fall, especially after catching a 34" rock on light tackle....all by himself. So these days when I'm out there, he's usually standing next to me.

I've not fished with anyone on the board, yet. I'd love to HO sometime to accelerate my learning curve..mostly on LTJ, but maybe trolling as well. Trolling on my boat is difficult, but I manage.

Thanks for listening,
Mike

P.S. If anyone has any convincing arguments to help me trade in the Searay for a more fishing friendly boat, I'd love to hear them. My wife loves the boat, so we spend a great deal of time on the boat as a family, in non-fishing situations, which the Searay handles just fine...it just doesn't fish very well.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
Can I get an Amen on that!!

Here's a picture he sent me from his last night club visit in Cabo....creepy man..

::baldzillascaresmesometimes::

Attachment 60
Hey mark when is your next show?????
Old 12-02-2009, 05:03 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWood View Post
P.S. If anyone has any convincing arguments to help me trade in the Searay for a more fishing friendly boat, I'd love to hear them. My wife loves the boat, so we spend a great deal of time on the boat as a family, in non-fishing situations, which the Searay handles just fine...it just doesn't fish very well.
Just get a second boat

Me, I got my fishing boat first. I've had it since July and my wife has been on it twice. I have almost a 100 hours on it already. And I still have 7 100 foot oak trees worth of leaves in my yard...I'm thinking the leaves will be gone in sometime in January...
Old 12-02-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWood View Post

Do you do overnighters? most fishing boats make great day cruisers and are easier to maintain.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:28 PM

Default I agree!!

We don't do overnighters, so I totally agree. But cruisers have "creature comforts" that the wife enjoys. Big swim platforms, carpeted cockpits, etc, etc. That's the hill I'm climbing......
Old 12-02-2009, 09:45 PM

I had a 19' CC that was great to fish. But, I wanted something bigger and the family wanted a bathroom, etc... But I didn't want a cruiser so that's why I went with the walk around. It sleeps 4 when the mid bunk isn't full of fishing stuff... Ok, never. But it has a head, shower, heat/ac, galley w/fridge/sink/burner & genset. So now we're all happy until I pull up to the gas dock!
Old 12-03-2009, 02:48 PM

My name is Dung Nguyen. I am a married 37 years old with 2 daughters, age 7 and 1. I grew up in the Fairfax County, VA area most of my life and currently live in Chantilly, VA. I am a Financial Systems Analyst. I did most of my fishing on land before I bought my first boat late last year. Early fall I found that my glastron boat had a big crack in the transom so I decided to get another. Cost to fix was more then what I bought the boat for. Found a great deal on a 2000 Angler 26' CC with dual Suzuki 150 outboards. It is now parked in a slip at Calvert Marina at Solomons, MD. I am still fairly new at fishing off the boat so I have lots to learn. Had the opportunity to fish with Jerry and Don from this site and they were very helpful and taught me alot. Very nice and friendly guys. Told Don I had to drive 1 hour just so I can fish with him and his jaw dropped. Told him that was a short drive. Solomons is almost a 2 hour drive for me and I have been doing that almost all summer long...........

very nice to meet everyone here.