Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2019, 07:28 AM

Default Mid Winter

Yes, I consider this to be mid winter (Feb 1st). We only have about 6 weeks of potentially bad weather to deal with before splashing our boats.
I don't know what the groundhog is going to say, but I predict we DON"T have 6 full weeks of winter. I think we are going to see mild temps late in February

Our JohnQuills are already about an inch out of the ground. I haven't seen any of our Croccus popped up yet, but it's still early for that to happen.

So far, the snowblower has sat idle in the garage

I hope I didn't just jinks us

I expect to be "fishing" a lot this year. If Trophy season isn't any better than the last two years, I may not be "catching"; but I'll be fishing
On days when the winds are just a tad strong, I'll be jumping on either Capt. John's 46 Markley or Lolo's 36 Judge Jeff is taking his time splashing this year due to the distances he had to run last year for Trophy fish

With Bruce's new 27 Judge included in our "group", we will at least have good intel about where the fish are (or aren't).

I work closely with several Charters out of Deal, Mark (Mlag) has access to Charter information out of South River, Lolo is friends with several captains as well. Add to this "our" Judge group (Bruce, Mark, Jason, Lolo, Greg) and we have some water covered

Love it when I hear Mlag say over the radio, "Duck in behind me" Or I see Jason working shallow water for his fish

Our "contingent" of Judge friends adds to the success of all of us (not that Mlag needs it) Throw in the mix of other guys on this site (Garlein, Phil, etc.) and we have quite a network.

I still have about 4 weeks of Physical Therapy on the arm, so that schedule is working out just about right !!

Time to start dunking parachutes in dish water, spray a little DeTangler on the "hair", comb them out, and hang them over the wife's clothes line in the basement to dry Throw some new shads on them and I'll be ready to tie new leaders (60#) to the tandems.

Always start the new year by stripping off about 10-12 ft of "old" line off your reels. Tie the "cleanest" knot you can to your "NEW" terminal tackle (swivel). It's time to paint those planer boards (if needed).

Yep, I'm getting excited. The shows have started, we are spending money, and the slip fees will be coming in soon

I'll try to post success or failure when I get out. Damn groundhog better not ruin my mood. Come on Spring
5th