Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
Vince,
Here’s my take on selfishness, 7 or 8 years ago I took a guy fishing because he wanted to learn the Patapsco River so I told him I would take him out with me and show him a few spots. Well we fished for about 3 hours and we never even put a fish over the rail so I told him that I have a spot that not many guys know about and I would like to keep it that way. So off we went and as soon as we pulled up I seen nothing but fish on the fish finder so I just knew we were going to catch something. His first drop he pulls in a 30” the biggest he ever caught and for the next 1 ½ hours we bailed fish up to 35”. When we got back to the truck I asked him NOT to say anything about that spot because it’s a place I knew I could catch some fish if other places were not producing. Well the next week I go down to the river and went right back over there and as I was pulling up I noticed 3 boats in that area and yep you guess it, it was the guy that I had out with the week before and 2 of his buddy’s with 3 guys in each boat. Did I learn a lesson you bet I did, did that guy ever go with me again NOPE. As I said before I will try and help anyone I can and give them as much information as possible but I learn my lesion the hard way and it will not happen again.
Steve;

Here is my response. Have you gone back to that place and been able to fish again? Have you caught fish there again?

I am sorry that individual violated your trust. Definately not a friend. Or one that you would reassociate with.

I will concede the fact of the trust issue. all my point is, What does it matter!!!! I have no problem if you do not want to share a location.

I just posted my view thats all.

Vince