Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-11-2010, 06:45 PM

Default Fishing Report 10.10.10...

Met Phil at o dark thirty.. (4:45ish) Made the long ass haul down to Soloman's.

Guess we got there by 7 ish. Saw Benny on 495 pulling Catman's Ms Kitty on the way. ( they were headed to Breezy)

Anyhout's, weatherman yet once again screwed me but good. Rollers in the mouth of the Pax, weren't really what we were imagining,( with a forecast of under 5 mph) and yet it was all but true. NE wind was kicking it up pretty good.

Oh well, we are here.. tried the normal spots, rock pile, Cedar, etc.... Nada.. Decided to follow the " Master" Walleye Pete to the Honga. Plenty of protection, from wind, a few fish west of the bridge, nothing to write home about, but at this junction er, pullage is pullage. Headed south towards Bloodsworth, Nada in the bay. Chased birds in the mouth for a couple of hours, nothing huge, but pullage.. A blue or two in the mix kept it interesting. Top water was the ticket. And when I say top water, I only use Smack It's. Phil threw a Top Dawg for an hour, NADA.. I was hooked up or smacked pretty consistently. Got bored, headed to Point No Point looking for a better grade of feesh.. Nada.. Headed North towards Parkers, stopping at the usual haunts, ( Cedar, Gas Docks, Power Plant.. blah blah blah..) NADA.... We were in a dead current situation.. Tried to cross Bay once more time, since the Bay finally laid down.. Found a few birds but minimal under them. 120 miles later we headed to the Barn.

All in all, not a great day, but not a bad day either. Whatever possessed me to wear sandals and shorts I'll never know. Thank God I had my rain gear on board. Not a drop of percip, but oh so very warm...

Did keep one for the table, and I just ate it.... Mmmmmm Delicious...