Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 01-14-2018, 07:15 AM

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

Old 01-15-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Scott: I think you should have "won" something. Maybe a free slip from Jay

Of course, not much good to you now that you live on the "other" side

5th
I would have loved that "free slip" about 15 years ago when I kept my old Bayliner in at slip at the old Florida Marina on Stoney Creek in Greenhaven.

I always thought for sure I'd get back to my slip at night and find my car up on blocks.

But then again, didn't you have some electronics pilfered from your boat at Jay's a few years ago?
Old 01-15-2018, 05:34 PM

Scott;
Now we have a 24 hr security guard Jay moved to the marina a couple years ago AFTER the theft.

PLUS, it was one of our own slip holders that was caught and convicted of the crime

Jay has two guard dogs (Charlie and Mollie) that would lick you to death if they caught you stealing anything. Charlie is a barker

5th

p.s. Jay is installing a security camera that you can watch on your phone app from anywhere in the world. Right Jay
Old 01-15-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Scott;
Now we have a 24 hr security guard Jay moved to the marina a couple years ago AFTER the theft.

PLUS, it was one of our own slip holders that was caught and convicted of the crime

Jay has two guard dogs (Charlie and Mollie) that would lick you to death if they caught you stealing anything. Charlie is a barker

5th

p.s. Jay is installing a security camera that you can watch on your phone app from anywhere in the world. Right Jay

I've installed a bunch of those camera systems, mostly Lorex Eco systems. At night they're great for seeing activity but not so great for discerning specifics like license plates or specific people. Much better in the day, and when viewed on a computer monitor through the DVR's playback the "specifics" are much more clear.

Viewing on my phone became addictive.

We were able to get several convictions based off of video and screenshots captured......mostly trespassing and vandalism.

A good system can run about $800 but they can be SO worth it.

License plate readers are another technology making a big splash in private communities and shopping centers as the prices are dropping pretty quickly. FYI - your tag # is recorded every time you go to Arundel Mills. Thank the Feds for that.