Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-22-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Kimbro View Post
It's a lose-lose argument when you talk about spot burning. Everybody, pro or con comes out looking like a bad guy. Some mailing lists have rules against it. Brandon has endorsed it on TF. I would report a lot more on CBAngler if there was a no-spot burning policy.
The spot has gotten more attention than it should, no doubt about it. The name calling and trollers BS started well before this post and is not helpful. There needs to be respect going both ways, and this has not happened. I agree that everyone needs to be more repectful of one another, and hope this happens.

Another thing I did learn from this experience is that you like something that is clear and comes in a mason jar. Hope to be able to share some of Virginia's finest with you one day, just happen to know a little something about it. Let me know when you get a cold, we only break it our for medicinal purposes .
Old 02-22-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigStix View Post
Mr Kimbro, It's a losing battle. As long as he gets to mention Judge he could care less. I was fishing Brandon Shores in a Sea Hunt cc the other day below freezing and was quite comfortable! Is it ok now BFaithful? 9 boats at the rips the other day. Normally this time of year it's 2-3 boats if that. This is all due to the reports on here and Toilet Flush and the fact you all love to continue to point out it's no secret. The big fish bite is dead because of the traffic, and Reds nailed it on the head. Pete is a liability there for reasons mentioned above and he runs that loud Honda the entire time.
Biggest rock fish I ever caught on light tackle, was at Brandon Shores. 48 inches.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post
Biggest rock fish I ever caught on light tackle, was at Brandon Shores. 48 inches.
SPOT BURNER!!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikie View Post
SPOT BURNER!!
No, I didn't use spot. I used a lure.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigStix View Post
Mr Kimbro, It's a losing battle. As long as he gets to mention Judge he could care less. I was fishing Brandon Shores in a Sea Hunt cc the other day below freezing and was quite comfortable! Is it ok now BFaithful? 9 boats at the rips the other day. Normally this time of year it's 2-3 boats if that. This is all due to the reports on here and Toilet Flush and the fact you all love to continue to point out it's no secret. The big fish bite is dead because of the traffic, and Reds nailed it on the head. Pete is a liability there for reasons mentioned above and he runs that loud Honda the entire time.
Just to add something - I fished with Pete (and some fellow TF / CB anglers) last Wednesday at this location. SE wind, (calm at the spot), and we saw...zero boats. Caught a ton of fish too. So in my experience lately, there is no spot burning. And, according Pete, the flow stopped and that's why the fish have thinned out.

Who's right, you or me? Who cares. This is an internet forum where people can say whatever they want, lie about whatever they want, brag about whatever they want, share as little or as much information as they want. No one owns the bay or any particular spot, no method of fishing is better than another, and no person is more important than another.

How about this...if you don't like people posting info on specific spots - don't read reports. You'll show up at your favorite location like you did before the internet, there may or may not be a lot of people there and if there are, you'll wonder, "hhmmm, why are so many people here?" You'll never know why and you'll be a happier person.

And...if you don't like people giving you crap about how much info you post, don't read their posts or private messages in response to your posts. Post what you want, feel whatever way you want, and go on with life without even giving it a second thought.

Fishing is fun. Catching fish is fun. Learning to fish is fun. Enjoying the outdoors is fun. If you aren't having fun doing this because of what is said on the internet either way, I suggest you reevaluate why you are fishing in the first place. Enjoy your life and feel blessed to have the opportunity to fish at all. I think after reading Gary's posts (Crabby and Son), anyone who is worried about spot burning either pro or con, should probably think again about how important it really is in the grand scheme of real life. Life is good for all of us right now.

Just my 2, dumb-a$$ cents.

Cheers,

Bob
Old 02-23-2011, 10:07 PM

Changed my mind

Last edited by JOC71; 02-24-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:47 PM

I talked to Greg via PM and on the phone and I thought we had things straight before this last flurry. Greg and I are friends who just happen to disagree on this. Like I said, nobody wins.

"Catch & Release - A picture is worth a thousand fish"

Last edited by Shawn Kimbro; 02-24-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Kimbro View Post
I talked to Greg via PM and on the phone and I thought we had things straight before this last flurry. Greg and I are friends who just happen to disagree on this. Like I said, nobody wins.
Amen.. and I dont think we are too far off on this topic as even on CBAngler, I plan on using more discretion to the exact areas in fishing reports (not that it is probably too difficult for those here to figure out). I made no reference on TF to where we were fishing since so many eyes watch. However I am sure it was easy to figure out where we were as a boat sunk the next day in the same area giving it a lot of attention.

Jigstix, I was at brandon shores a few weeks ago on a sea hunt cc myself and froze my toes off. You must be tougher than me. Fishing was tough for us so you are a better fisherman than me too.

Reds, you actually made a funny!

Last edited by B-Faithful; 02-24-2011 at 03:57 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Faithful View Post
Amen.. and I dont think we are too far off on this topic as even on CBAngler, I plan on using more discretion to the exact areas in fishing reports (not that it is probably too difficult for those here to figure out). I made no reference on TF to where we were fishing since so many eyes watch. However I am sure it was easy to figure out where we were as a boat sunk the next day in the same area giving it a lot of attention.

Jigstix, I was at brandon shores a few weeks ago on a sea hunt cc myself and froze my toes off. You must be tougher than me. Fishing was tough for us so you are a better fisherman than me too.

Reds, you actually made a funny!
What's funny is, you guys think you have secret spots.

The secret spots were used up long before some ever got to Maryland.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:43 AM

fishing chesapeake bay has been my secret spot since i was 4?

i was in tackle store talking about kayak fishing tv episode where they're eeling at concrete ships. guy comments that ches fishing could be promoted and be a lot bigger than it is. somehow caught me by surprise - what could be worse? way too many boats in my secret spot already.

the good news - after watching the wfn fishing channel for year or so since i got it, i have only seen one show where they couldn't get fish. a full 1/2 hour of skunk - it was on the chesapeake

spread the word - the fishing in Florida can't be beat!!!

Last edited by Southerly; 02-24-2011 at 07:56 AM.