Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-15-2013, 08:34 PM

Default PSG Tomorrow.....

Looking at a chilly morning with a temp around 35 degrees at 8am. About a 40% chance of some light snow showers.

Sounds just fine to me.

As for the outdoor vendors.....wear lots of layers.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:42 PM

Just got back - it was not too hateful being outside.

The early morning drizzle cleared for a few hours - then it got cooler and had snow showers.

Only bad part - around 12:30 , went to get a pit beef sandwich that I had been tasting all morning - but they had sold out about 10 minutes prior

Tomorrow might be interesting - predicted wind gusts over 25.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:09 AM

Yesterday's weather wasn't too bad. Glad the rain stopped fairly quickly. I felt bad for the vendors outside.

Feel bad for them again today with the below freezing temps right now.

I have 2 non fishing related things to say about these shows.

1. More people should do us all the courtesy of showering before attending. It gets awfully crowded in there.

2. Always look over your shoulder before backing up. And if someone does back into you, pushing your pelvis into their back is not a good idea, even if that kind of thing is legal in MD now. I saw two guys about to brawl over something like this. Or maybe they were going to get a room.....can't tell anymore.

How were the oydters? Right as Mike and I hit the food line I had a serious rumbling from the poo poo choo choo and it was about to leave the station and cause a major derailment. So I left without getting my usual 2 plates of oysters.

I managed to make it to somewhere in Severna Park before the train crash. Those woods on the southbound side won't be the same for years.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:04 AM

One of the volunteers with Wish a Fish ( Rich ) brought me 6 oysters - they were very good. Shucked very well with all the liquor in the shell.

Average size but nice and plump. Priced 6 for $5.00.

Heard you can get a bushel now from some Kent Island boats for under $30.00 , might be taking a road trip real soon.

Watch taking a dump in the woods - next thing we'll see is those Bigfoot Hunters parked along Rt. 2.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
One of the volunteers with Wish a Fish ( Rich ) brought me 6 oysters - they were very good. Shucked very well with all the liquor in the shell.

Heard you can get a bushel now from some Kent Island boats for under $30.00 , might be taking a road trip real soon.

Watch taking a dump in the woods - next thing we'll see is those Bigfoot Hunters parked along Rt. 2.
Well....I do wear a size 15 shoe.....
Old 02-17-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post

Here's a tip about buying oysters off of boats.
2 years ago the laws were changed. A seller must now have a dealers license to sell oysters to the public. The bushel must have a tag as to where it was caught. The tag is federal law. The dealers license is Maryland law.

Harris packing house, at Kent Narrows is the place to buy oysters.