Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-14-2009, 11:13 AM

Default catch and release fishery question.

Hi all, fished with ryan on the sea dog yet again on saturday, got into a few fish out of breezy catching an ugly 27" with sores, a 23 a 20 and finally a 38" sounds like the better fishing was to the north though. which brings me to my question.. as the seasons winding down this week is it legal to play catch and release after tuesday the 15th? it seems like their is still an abundance of fish around; just looking for some frigid weather fun plus we would like to get onto some beautes like b-faithful had yet and we all know the big girls can tollerate the cold weather the only question can we!?
Old 12-14-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinmatt View Post
Hi all, fished with ryan on the sea dog yet again on saturday, got into a few fish out of breezy catching an ugly 27" with sores, a 23 a 20 and finally a 38" sounds like the better fishing was to the north though. which brings me to my question.. as the seasons winding down this week is it legal to play catch and release after tuesday the 15th? it seems like their is still an abundance of fish around; just looking for some frigid weather fun plus we would like to get onto some beautes like b-faithful had yet and we all know the big girls can tollerate the cold weather the only question can we!?
You can c&r all you want. Immediately before and during the spawn season you'll need to avoid certain area as even targeting Stripers is off limits. See the MD DNR Maps page for further info. http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries...frmapindex.asp

Keep an eye on the regulation for c&r as they may change soon.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Slayer; 12-14-2009 at 11:49 AM.