Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-15-2009, 12:27 AM

Default Bloody Point 12-14

Paul(onefishnfool) and Lou (bluelou) met me at Sandy Point this morning looking to get out for one final Maryland trip.

We ran down to Bloody Point, and started seeing promising bait balls so Lou and I set out the spread while Paul steered. Lou set the port side and I took care of the starboard side. With an experienced crew the spread goes out quickly and painlessly.

Not a fast and furious day, but steady action throughout the day. Remarkably the port side (Lou's side) accounted for all the landings. We landed three fish all around 40-42", one mid 30's and lost another one. All the landed fish ate white shads on bucktails and parachutes. The lost fish was on a purple head, purple shad. All hits were on the short (60' and 80') (6/2 tandem) board rods.

Fun day with good company; telling stories and trading jabs all day. Good way to end the Maryland season. I'm amazed at how fast the season goes by and looking forward to next year. Now, bring on the ocean fishery! Hope to find some tog and stripers this winter.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:33 AM

I didn't realize that you were in the area yesterday or I would have given you a call. We dropped lines around 10:00 and fish until around 2:00 with similar success.......................Mark
Old 12-15-2009, 06:43 AM

Good end of season guys
Old 12-15-2009, 07:57 AM

Thanks for the invite yesterday Mark. It was great fishing with you and Lou. Glad I took you up on that offer, today looks to be quite windy. We also released that fat 42.
Sorry about the line counter. I will have one for you Monday, as I need to pick up a few for myself also.
Like I had said if you are looking for a crew for an ocean trip let me know.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:00 PM

Nice going Mark. It apprears the fish and bait are hanging up our way more so this year....Don
Old 12-15-2009, 09:10 PM

Mark, glad you guys got them. If you want to make an ocean trip and need a crew, please give me a call.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Baldzilla

Way to go Mark...glad you got out and found some feesch!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:57 PM

mlag- I think I saw you as we were starting to set lines. You were hooked up at the time. We ended up circling that area the entire day. All fish came within a half mile circle.

Paul- No problem about the counter. I heard the two thunks and a splash and knew what it was

Don- We've been fortunate the last two years with the fish and bait so close to home.

Hockleyneck- I'll give you a shout when I plan on going down to the ocean. Might try between christmas and new year's.