Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Baldzilla

Default Jigging the plant and some other stufff 12/15

Had a day in the midst of my ridiculous work schedule so JoeDirt and I headed out for a full day of fishing to celebrate the last day of catch and keep where we would do nothing but C&R!

Headed out at 0500 and blew north to CNPP and started jigging...we were first on the scene. It was not fast and furious and something was off because Joe, who hates jigging, was outfishing me 3-1...and all his fish were nice and all mine were around 15 inches...I couldnt get 'em to take a 10 inch bkd so switched to a 7 inch...not much better....someone else came up and trolled a little circle around the discharge and our bite died...

got lots of good info for trolling that area from the other board but we obviously did not go south far enough...got hte spread out around 70 and couldnt find the bait at all....we trolled for about 2 hours or so...a call from Francis confirmed what we should have done so we packed it back in and headed north....at this point we had 1 hour before slack current so we set a quick spread, got a real nice knockdown that didnt stick, pulled in the spread, blew back to the plant for the twilight bite which was not there...except for Martin who got a real nice 29 incher that was fat...I think he has some pics....after 13 hours on the bay we headed back in and slept like babies...

not the wide open day we had hoped for but we'll get back at 'em next week!
Mark

PS We tried and tried to get Rex to fish with us but he wouldnt return our PMs! I felt like I owed him since he defended my honor earlier I'm probably gonna be hunted down and shot for that
Old 12-17-2009, 10:20 AM

I guess you needed your "lucky" net man!!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 10:25 AM

Hey, Baldie: I finally got a PM from Rex. He apologized for not getting back to us. He said he was "camped out outside of DRichitt's house for a few days". I don't even know what that means....
Old 12-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Baldzilla

Marty, real men don't use nets!!! They leave too much to chance...like knocking a 55 incher in the head 5 times and breaking someones 50 lb braid!

Joe, too funny...I don't think old Don's gonna like hearing that
Old 12-17-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDirt View Post
He said he was "camped out outside of DRichitt's house for a few days". I don't even know what that means....
Yeah sure. As far as Rex goes, some keyboard PITAs are best ignored.

Nice job Martin & Mark....Don