Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-21-2010, 03:31 AM

Default Got me a good one

Wife that is.

The wife and I were talking about the lunar eclipse (that was happening tonight) earlier in the evening. We both commented that we wouldn't be around to see the next one that was going to be this close to earth. Said it would be neat to see this one (at 2:41 am), but that we would probably be sound asleep and miss it.
The wife went to bed early (about 10 pm) and I stayed up to watch a pretty bad football game.
I set my phone alarm for 2:30 am thinking MAYBE I would drag myself and her out of bed to see the eclipse. About 2:15, I get shook awake by my wife. She says the eclipse is happening and to get dressed and come see it.
Sweet!!!
I get up and she has two chairs set up outside, with pillows on them to keep our a$$es warm, and two blankets to cover up with. Gloves and scarves are by the door. And; two cups of hot chocolate sitting on the counter.
We grab the binoculars, and out we go.
My phone alarm goes off at 2:30, and I tell her I had the same idea, just no where's near as elaborate. She still thinks it was romantic, and we watch an amazing eclipse.
How was your night? I think I got me a keeper.
5th (Marty)
Old 12-21-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Wife that is.

The wife and I were talking about the lunar eclipse (that was happening tonight) earlier in the evening. We both commented that we wouldn't be around to see the next one that was going to be this close to earth. Said it would be neat to see this one (at 2:41 am), but that we would probably be sound asleep and miss it.
The wife went to bed early (about 10 pm) and I stayed up to watch a pretty bad football game.
I set my phone alarm for 2:30 am thinking MAYBE I would drag myself and her out of bed to see the eclipse. About 2:15, I get shook awake by my wife. She says the eclipse is happening and to get dressed and come see it.
Sweet!!!
I get up and she has two chairs set up outside, with pillows on them to keep our a$$es warm, and two blankets to cover up with. Gloves and scarves are by the door. And; two cups of hot chocolate sitting on the counter.
We grab the binoculars, and out we go.
My phone alarm goes off at 2:30, and I tell her I had the same idea, just no where's near as elaborate. She still thinks it was romantic, and we watch an amazing eclipse.
5th (Marty)
She sounds like a sweet lady, but can she cook? Merry Christmas Marty, hope its a great one.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:26 PM

That was a nice story!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:10 PM

Is this to say you got some?
Old 12-21-2010, 03:46 PM

I've been in a very weird sleep pattern over the last five days. I awoke at 1:00 instead of my normal 3:00. Grabbed my jacket and a smoke and went out around 2:45. Looked up to see an almost full moon, partial covered. Well my smoke only lasts three minutes and that's all I lasted.

Hit the shower, dressed and went to 7-11 for my coffee. They had a stack of outrageously priced firewood that soon saw my fat ass. So armed with smokes and 20 oz of 7-11s finest. I watched for the next thirty minutes. It was just " OK"..
the fact that it only comes around once every 400 years or so, made it " special"

I'm sleeping in tomorrow....
Old 12-21-2010, 04:32 PM

5th (Marty)

I got me a sleeper.............Gary
Old 12-21-2010, 08:48 PM

I need you as my neighbor.

My neighbor thought I was crazy for going up on the roof to witness the eclipse and have sex out in the cold.

Guess if I was not alone............

Seriously - Santa better get her something real nice this year.