Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
I often wonder how all those huge breeders that were poached and sold in DC over the years factor into all this.

Recs and commercial obey the rules but the YOY drops. Everyone starts pointing fingers but miss what could be the real problem.

Reds - Not sure if you meant to point it out or not but your comment about DNR holding a grudge speaks sadly about fishery management.
I do believe you on it - some bad back room dealing goes on.
"Don't expect the DNR to take MSSA's side on this matter, they still have people working for them, who remember the last time."

Sorry Skip..... I don't see the word grudge in my statement..... What I do see is me saying DNR is not going to take MSSA'a side. That doesn't mean they will take any other side, either.

Finally. I'll leave this thread with a saying from a wise man, I knew.
"Don't mess with a man's income, unless you want him to mess with yours"
Old 11-19-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikie View Post
ALL of your arguments are aimed in one direction - more fish for ME, ME, ME. Hard to give credibility to anyone who is so one-sided.
No one is asking for more fish... The MSSA letter is clear that it is asking the reallocation not go towards expanding or liberalizing recreational regulations. I am all for appropriately managing through open access measures such as season length, creel limits, size limits, etc. I believe the MSSA target is to bring the allocation in line with the demands and needs in the state.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
I often wonder how all those huge breeders that were poached and sold in DC over the years factor into all this.

Recs and commercial obey the rules but the YOY drops. Everyone starts pointing fingers but miss what could be the real problem.

Reds - Not sure if you meant to point it out or not but your comment about DNR holding a grudge speaks sadly about fishery management.
I do believe you on it - some bad back room dealing goes on.
You probably are not the best person in the world to voice anything on this matter. Not a personal attack, but you are always going to be known as the fisherman who took 18 rods through a gannet bee hive, so conservation does not appear to be your forte. You can only hinder the argument.

You have a great obsession with killing fish over 40", your so called "large breeders", but continue to post hundreds of reports killing ridiculous amounts of 18-28" fish per day, my "long term breeders". I'll never understand your logic.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:05 PM

MSSA has the letter up on their website now. They also have an article posted that i am told will be found in The Daily Record in Annapolis: http://www.mssa.net/newsarticles/rec...es_Nov2010.pdf