Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-29-2010, 04:25 PM

Default Fishing Report: PLO 11/29/2010

It's been a long time since I posted but thought I'd pass along today's report.

Left PLO Park at sunrise and headed east. Put out the spread and trolled east/west across the channel.

We had about an hour and a half of tide/current before it went slack. We picked up two in that time. Both off a Chart 2 oz chute off the board. It's strange that they hit that light one. It has rarely produced for me in past falls but two today..back to back. Things that make you go hmmm?

Went in to slack time and the bait and birds disappeared. Once the current returned so did some activity. Saw massive bait on the FF and just after we passed over it, one of my downriggers starts singing. White umbrella about 30 ft down. About an hour later my other downrigger goes off, this one with a chart umbrella (with a Fish Nut Special Mylar chute I might add...thanks Rob!).

We had our 4 overs for the trip and weren't really interested in chasing footballs so we pulled lines and headed in.

It was an odd day of hits. Two very high in the column and then two off downriggers. Three taken in the channel, one in about 45'. Two on east side, two on west side. Had a couple of knockdown on tandems thrown into the mix.

Fish ranged in size from mid 30's to 42". All loaded with sea lice.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:56 PM

Cool deal on getting some big fish.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:56 PM

Keith, sounds like a decent day. Funny thing is, your trip today and my trip yesterday were virtually identical .....scary
Old 11-29-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakaway View Post
Keith, sounds like a decent day. Funny thing is, your trip today and my trip yesterday were virtually identical .....scary
Hey Jeff, sounds like an episode of "The Twilight Zone" mixed with "Groundhog Day". At least you got some fish though!
Old 11-29-2010, 08:39 PM

Keith; glad you got into some nice fish. Rob's lures are catching a lot of fish this year. For a guy who just started making them, he (or should I say he and his dad) did a great job. He's making improvements in the eyes this year to make them even better.
Why don't you order some more lures from him and I'll try them out for you and give them to you when I come down for the Solomons fleamarket.
Thanks for posting.
5th (Marty)

p.s. A couple of my buds hit the upper bay today and did quite well (I'm still nursing a bum hand and but may get out near the end of the week)
Old 11-30-2010, 12:41 PM

That is pretty strange that they were hotting up top. Great action on catching them! Congratulations!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:02 PM

Good hearing from you Keith. Benn awhile. Hope we have these fish for another week or so up our way, but after that us yankees will be launching at PLO.....Don