Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2011, 01:02 PM

Default Ouch price creep

Guys & Gals stock up fishing supplies…… First I work at a place which deals with a lot of logistics. Freight prices are increasing. I also deal with raw chemicals that are used in plastics prices going up. I just placed an ordered for lure supplies. Ouch prices have increased roughly 10- 12%. I am lucky since I have some stuff left over from last year but everything seems to be creping up.

PSG

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Contrary to rumors you have heard: I Fish A Lot. I Don’t Catch A Lot
Old 11-14-2011, 05:26 PM

Titanium Dioxide and other chemicals used in making paints are going through the roof, so all of our painted lures will be seeing an increase again.

I'm going to have to start being more patient when lures get hung up in shallow water. I usually just cut the line after a few attempes to free the lure.

Or maybe I'll mark the spot and get Skip to dive for it. Probably be cheaper than the lure soon.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:30 PM

What's Not Going Up ??? Just the sign of the times. I've been in the flower business all my life. ( third generation) My grandfather and my father would both cringe at the cost of something simple like a carnation. It was not that long ago, when I could buy a carnation for 10 cents. The very lowest price now is 34.

Most of the blame goes to freight. In the 90's freight was about 8% of a flower cost. Its now into the 26% percent range. And that my friends is ****ing ridiculous.

Just look at your grocery bill. YIKES. I was "use to" blowing a Benji, easily for just things. NOw I find myself blowing three Benji's for just my wife and I...

Whats it cost for a movie these days ??? Been years since I've seen one..

Just gotta suck it up, take the good with the bad, and deal with it..

As for fishing lures, I got plenty on hand, and you actually have to go fishing to lose one, which, Unfortunately, I haven;t had the chance to do in a long time....
Old 11-14-2011, 08:36 PM

Hear you - I deal with insulation for pipe / ducts.

There was a 5% increase in Feb. , a 7% in July and now another 7-8% coming soon.

That is 20% in one year and some related materials went up even more.

Luckily for me - my favorite lure color is BBR ( battered beyond recognition )

You hang up lures - shot me the GPS numbers. Always game to dive a new snag. Some pan out to be cool things.

The huge run off in fall exposed some long buried garbage - so hanging up might happen in areas you thought safe.