Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-21-2016, 07:18 PM

Default Tampa/St. Pete Area

So I got out for a day and a half while I was in Sarasota for work. Both days were too windy to go fishing for Tarpon (which is what I was really hoping to get to fish for) but we were still able to enjoy some time out on the water.

Seems like every time I am down there, all you need to do is find some mangrove trees, a little shade, and some live pilchers, and bam the snook are on...We caught as many as we wanted to catch. Several were in the 30+ inch range, with most around 28". Snook are fun, remind me a little of striped bass just don't seem to have the girth some of the bigger bass get.

We also targeted red fish for several hours, and many of you know how much fun a really nice sized red can be...We were patient, again used pilchers caught a couple dozen reds...Most were 24+" and a couple tipped the scales at 15 lbs...Gorgeous fish, fight like a freight train, and lots of fun to catch.

We also landed several speckled Trout, a few Jack Crevalle, 3 bonnet head sharks, and a partridge in a pair tree...

All in all a good day and a half out on the water...Couple of pics are attached...

Mike

PS - RIP P. Rogers Nelson.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VZM.IMG_20160420_151535.jpg (81.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1731.jpg (91.1 KB, 9 views)