Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 08-16-2015, 08:06 AM

I was bottom fishing and I didn't mind at all... just thought it was funny that you did it and even more funny that it paid off when the fish hit when you were directly between us.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' Robin View Post
I was bottom fishing and I didn't mind at all... just thought it was funny that you did it and even more funny that it paid off when the fish hit when you were directly between us.
I knew that fish was in there!

Today blew. Came home with four Macs, one rockfish and a sole bluefish. Fishinded Breezy, Stonerock, False Channel and finally gave up and went bottom fishing. $24 in bloodworms for 5 dink perch!
Old 08-17-2015, 07:37 PM

Made the 15nm run from Cambridge to the mouth of choptank this morning. Arrived a bit before 7am at slack and found the birds right where they were supposed to be... unfortunately they were on dink rock and 8-20" blues which were on top of the ledge that goes from 27' to 4'. We casted and jigged Stingsilvers at them for a half hour or so while waiting for the real show to begin, but it never happened. The birds were gone. Ended up trolling 5 rods with spoon spreaders and CJ spoons and planers with Clarks and tony 17 and a drone. Biggest rock was about 18" and biggest blue was 12". Disappointing bit you never know unless you go! Threw in the towel at 10:30am and headed back to cambridge for another day of fun in the sun.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:25 AM

Thats doesnt sound good. I plan to take my daughter and nephew out to the mouth of the river this afternoon. Hopefully its better in the afternoon. Two 5 year olds and a slow bite.