Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 09-27-2011, 07:55 PM

Default Fishing 9/27

Capt. John called and wanted to poke his nose out and see how the water quality and fishing is progressing.
We left the pier at 11 am and found the water quite clear of debris. We ran "Patent Pending" at normal speed across the bay and found a few pods of breaking fish and birds. Our first pod was a good one, 23 inch rock and 19 inch blues mixed together. A couple passes put some quality keepers in the box.

When our pod sounded, we headed to another pod; but found smaller fish in this pod. We circled the area and picked up some smaller, but keeper blues (14 inches). We had a large number of throwbacks, so we went looking for more quality fish.

We picked up an occassional loner that was of keeper size, but not the breaking fish we were looking to find. In the distance, we could see the water boiling. I quickly checked the rods for debris so all would be clean when we hit the boiling water. As we ran through the bait all the rods quivered. I was sure multible rods would go down. Nothing. Bait was 20 ft deep from the surface, not hardly a bird in the area, and no blues or rock. The absence of birds should have told us that nothing was harrassing the bait, but the water was white with foam and very convincing.

We trolled the area for a while and finally gave up and left to catch large perch for one of our guests. When he had enough to clean, we headed in.

In conclusion; I wouldn't hesitate to take your boat out now. Keep a sharp eye for the occassional piece of wood, but the fish are breaking and the water quality is pretty good.
Best of luck;
5th (Marty)
Old 09-27-2011, 09:43 PM

Marty,

I could not agree more...

Hoping to continue my all ready good week tomorrow...

Mike
Old 09-28-2011, 08:01 AM

Thaat's great news Marty, just hope with the rian they are calling for the next 2 days will not screw it back up. What are the length of the rods are you trolling with??? I'll bmail you and explain why I asked, it's not good
Contact Info:
Backyard Custom Rods and Repairs.
(301) 898-1136 or Cell (240) 486-0007
E-Mail BCRodsandRepairs@aol.com