Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-18-2010, 05:42 AM

Default O'Malley To Roll Out Stream Health Website

http://wjz.com/wireapnewsmd/New.webs...2.1699908.html

Will this money spent really help or add to more regulations?

Triton 240 LTS, 250 Verado
Upper, Upper Bay
Light tackle
Old 05-18-2010, 03:46 PM

If I'm reading it right, the website he is "rolling out" really isn't new. There has been a website like that around for a while in some form or another. Possibly, it is made more user friendly to the public. Probably little cost in the website, and if it get's people into the volunteer activities (Stream Waders program), it'll save money. Why pay a college kid when a volunteer can do it for free

As for regulations - really, the only impact will be public opinion, and if that leads to the streams being restored and water quality cleaned up, I'm all for it.

Cheers,

bob
Old 05-19-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Guy View Post
If I'm reading it right, the website he is "rolling out" really isn't new. There has been a website like that around for a while in some form or another. Possibly, it is made more user friendly to the public. Probably little cost in the website, and if it get's people into the volunteer activities (Stream Waders program), it'll save money. Why pay a college kid when a volunteer can do it for free

As for regulations - really, the only impact will be public opinion, and if that leads to the streams being restored and water quality cleaned up, I'm all for it.

Cheers,

bob
Bob,
I agree with your take. Little cost, and any regulation resulting will come from a demand by a more-informed public. That is a good thing.

Streams near my place (out in the sticks of Kent County) generally suck in the "stream health" measurements, but it was interesting to see what amphibians, reptiles, and fish had been identified at the nearby sampling locations.