Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2010, 06:47 PM

Default Radar Towers 6/2

Left Deale around 715 with Jim (Stinkbait) on board. Ran down to where I left them a few days ago and put out a 6 rod spread. Unfortunately we were on a slack tide/current and nothing was happening, marking plenty of fish but no takers. So out went the dummy lines.

We plucked a couple dinks which had to go back, but kept it interesting.
About 930 somebody threw the “ON” switch.
An umbrella trimmed with green storms 12 bars 4 oz went off and Jim brought in a fat 22 incher……this fish was missing most of its dorsal fin…..not deformed, looked like it had been in some kind of accident that ripped it’s dorsal off and then it had healed completely over….otherwise the fish was perfectly healthy…..look at the pic and you can see where it’s missing.

All of a sudden things went from “ON” to incredible……fish breaking all around us, swimming next to the boat, and the fishfinder lit up top to bottom……all the FF pics were taken in 35 ft of water within seconds of each other.
We soon had a limit in the box and were still cranking in fish……as rods came in we started putting them away……what a way to bring in lines…..with fish on the end!!!!

So now its about 1030 and we decide to go hunting for some early spot……or at least play with some perch……back to Herring Bay and break out the little rods and bloodworms…….I wanted to look for spot there in particular cause that’s where I come out of……went to where I left the perch/croaker on Sunday….nada…..moved……nada…….moved again…..nada……can’t find any fish.
We tried 7 different spots where I had been catching over the last week and not a single fish…….finally gave up the ghost around 130 and headed in.

Who’da thought? ….had an incredible rockfish morning, and then cant catch any bottom fish? Guess that’s fishing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FF1.jpg (18.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg FF2.jpg (22.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg FF3.jpg (20.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg FF4.jpg (18.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg missing dorsal.jpg (23.8 KB, 31 views)
Sandpiper Charters www.goinsfishin.com