Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Baldzilla

Mike, Ralph, Mark, glad to see you all made it over! We are much nicer here, well to everyone but JoeDirt
Old 11-18-2009, 08:34 PM

Hi All. Tim Askew here. I have a maycraft 25 purchased from Mr. Judge himself...B-Faithful! I am originally from the Great Lakes where we used planer boards for Walleye and down riggers for Salmon so i am familiar with the CB trolling system. However, i have only been out on the water since last july when i purchased the boat.

I have been out fishing with Greg (B-Faithful), Paul (Reeletor), and Mark (Baldzilla). All have been EXTREMELY gracious showing me the CB fishing techniques.

Family wise i have three kids, 16 (girl), 14 (boy) and 11 (girl). They all LOVE to fish so my wife occasionally has to come to be in on all of the stories. I run a medical device company that has a cancer fighting product so i am on the road a lot and miss a lot of good fishing days. I am a university of michigan graduate so if anyone else out there is...GO BLUE!

Tim (Remedy)
Old 11-18-2009, 11:16 PM

Welcome aboard Tim. Had a great time fishing with you in the spring. You got a nice slob on Sat of the MSSA!

Remedy with the ~32lb slob, Reeltor in the middle, Me with a ~28lber.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg timbuckme.jpg (65.6 KB, 17 views)
Old 11-19-2009, 05:14 PM

Thanks Don, Thanks Mark! Looking forward to seeing the new site grow!
Old 11-20-2009, 07:16 PM

Default Greeting From PA

My name is Pat. I am 34 years old. I live in West Caln, Pa with my wife Lisa and our yellow lab Bailey. I grew up fishing for LM & SM bass, Wallaye and Muskie, I still still for those but now I prefer fishing the bay. The rockfish (stripers) got me hooked.
I work as a Facilities supervisors for American Fishing Wire (AFW) and Hi-sea fishing Line in Valley twp PA. I am in the planning stages of purchasing a new boat. I am 99% sure its going to be a Parker 2320 Pilothouse. That is unless I can be convinced on another manufacture. but originally from the far north thats going to be hard to do.

This is a great site. I hope to fish / meet and chat with fellow fishermen.

Tightlines
Old 11-20-2009, 08:37 PM

Hi everyone. My name is John. I'm just a newbie at this bay fishing thing but so far it's been great. I keep my boat on Rock Creek. Mark (Baldzilla) told me about the site as well as most everyone else it seems
For the last 2 years I've been fishing the Bay. Prior to that I've been a smallmouth fisherman for the most part. I have an 18' Alumaweld w/90 jet that I've been running the Upper Potomac in since the early 90's. Mostly fished Brunswick and Point of Rocks areas. I live just up the road from there in Lovettsville VA.
Now I fish the Upper Bay with my wife Sara and typically our two newfoundlands out of a 28 Albin. What little I know about trolling and LTJing the bay, I've learned from most of the folks I see here from TF and a good friend, Mark on Gitzit 2. Next season I hope to meet more of you and hopefully have a chance to fish with some of the folks here. I'll be around the BB tomorrow so if you see blue hulled Albin named Transition, give a shout.
John

Last edited by Transition; 11-20-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Baldzilla

John, glad you made it...good luck tomorrow, take a peek at my boat for me and make sure it's not sinking
Old 11-20-2009, 09:16 PM

welcome aboard, John!

we're going to launch out of Turner's tomorrow and fish the river
we need to be back early
might BB Sunday

good luck to everyone in the MSSA Tourney!!!!!

170CC Proline
MSSA (NW Chapter)
Old 11-20-2009, 10:41 PM

Hey all,

My name is Bob Smith, I live in Bowie and am a grad student at Univ. of MD in the Entomology Dept (study of insects). Grew up in PA, moved here about 7 years ago now. Married 5 years, in a few days my daughter will be 4 months old. Oh yeah, I'm 32...and yes, I'm still in school (no snickering please). I don't own a boat, but get to fish with friends almost often enough.

I grew up fishing and tromping through streams. That explains what I do - study the effects of urbanization on stream insects, specifically caddisflies. I also dabble in theoretical community ecology in the hopes that I'll get to work somewhere other than urban streams.

Glad to see this board.

Cheers!
Old 11-20-2009, 10:49 PM

Default Good Looking site

Hey all,
Name:Craig
Kids: 2 daughters 16, and 12
Boat: Proline 20 DC
Fishing Style: Whatever it takes, whenever I can
Location: Usually launch at Chesapeake Beach or Breezy, occasionally Solomons and sometimes out of the West River.

Stumbled on the site following a reference from TF, Have been fishing the bay for about 4 years now. Favorite style is LTJ but that unfortunately has to take a back seat to my obsession with big fish. I havent figured out how to do both at the same time yet, so trolling is my mainstay, but I always have the light rods onboard.

Will fish midbay till Mid December then will take 2-3trips to CBBT to dunk eels and chase birds depending on what work and personal life will allow. I fish by myself at least half of the time, although I have Ho'd and gotten Ho's a couple times, each of which was fine, I just feel like I wouldnt want to end up with a HO that turned out to be PIA or something, So I usually just go alone.

Will be fishing tomorrow out of Breezy..Channel 68