Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 10-28-2015, 08:37 PM

Default Big Bucks & Birds,Birds,Birds!!!

I haven't posted much lately but I've just been so busy I haven't had a chance!
I managed to get a beautiful 8pt Buck last Thurs w/ my Muzzelloader. I hope the picture comes out, I always seem to have problems posting pics here.
On the fishing front, we have been postponing most of our summer parties till now because of the slow fishing. Well now they are coming down and we are having a ball since the Bigguns are cooperating big-time down here.
Heres a quick rundown.....10/23 12 fish limit to 32". Done at 9am!
10/25 12 fish limit to 33" done at 8:45am! 10/26 "Off the wall" fishing!!! 14 fish limit to 35" done at 8:30am. 3 boys on board 7,9 &14yo. The 14 yo caught 4 sets of doubles, all of which were legal!!!! The fishing was so fast that I honestly cannot guess how many we actually caught but i can tell you that I threw back 22" fish looking for bigger! The last two were a 24 & 25'' double!
On mon 10/26 we put together 9 friends for a fun trip and had our 18 fish limit to 32" by 9:15am.
All fish were caught at the Mouth of the Choptank (12) I cannot begin to describe the numbers of birds were there each day!!! It was frustrating trying to pick a flock to head for, they were everywhere!
We pull 6 rods, 2 wb w/spreaderbars &two 5" shad (green)No extra weight.
2 side rods w/ umbrellas and tandem 5" green shads. 8oz on each,on bottom.
The last 2 rods are our "outrigger" long rods up front. These have #2 planers w/ tandem bucktails out 5 bars, they are deep.
All these rods are catching, none are any better than the others except maybe the shad are catching the bigger fish.
I hope the pics come out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0569.jpg (95.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0565.jpg (92.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0571.jpg (92.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0573.jpg (91.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0574.jpg (89.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0575.jpg (95.9 KB, 29 views)
Old 10-28-2015, 09:00 PM

Thanks for the post and glad to hear you are still in the game. Great job!!

Old 10-29-2015, 07:24 AM

Glad to see some fish down that way Charlie. Way to catch 'em up. Nice buck too.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 10-29-2015, 11:46 AM

Great report and thank you. I fished sunday between 14 and 12a and saw a ton of small fish and caught 1 22". Sounds like I was using the wrong stuff in the wrong spot. I was trolling all white bucktails with twister tails. Sounds like shad bodies are better with green. Hoping to fish Saturday morning so I will have to switch some stuff up. Thanks again.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:56 PM

Wink Try a little further down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shore Thing View Post
Great report and thank you. I fished sunday between 14 and 12a and saw a ton of small fish and caught 1 22". Sounds like I was using the wrong stuff in the wrong spot. I was trolling all white bucktails with twister tails. Sounds like shad bodies are better with green. Hoping to fish Saturday morning so I will have to switch some stuff up. Thanks again.
Shore....We'll be out on Sat too. We had been using wt bucktails also but changed over last week. The bucktails were producing but it seemed they caught smaller fish. The larger fish were concentrated around 12 to the mouth of broad creek. We rarely got up as far as 12a although there are plenty of fish all over. Also I forgot to mention that all our rigs have yellow teasers. I haven't tried a white lure yet! See you Sat, good luck!
Old 10-29-2015, 03:38 PM

You are doing a lot better down there then I am up north. I have only managed a single 25" each day both caught on all white singles off #2 or #3 planers. Sounds like I need to run south.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (12.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-29-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Ragrets View Post
You are doing a lot better down there then I am up north. I have only managed a single 25" each day both caught on all white singles off #2 or #3 planers. Sounds like I need to run south.

Damn venison and rockfilsh! Now that's a meal. Thank for the report them some nice fish and what a beautiful buck!
No regrets, don't toss in the towel up here yet. We have been doing pretty good at the mouth of patapsco between weather buoy and rock hall range lite. Granted there are a ton of dinks, but if you give it time you'll find the bigger fish. You just gotta work hard at it constantly checking and changing lures, finding the rite speed and depth and the perfect tide/ current. Have been catching a good number of 22"-35" fish in that location, and larger fish have been dead on bottom. Just last week won a tourney with a 28 1/2" dead on bottom 36 oz of lead on a 18 tony. I truly think things will get better up here unless we gat a prolonged cold snap. One other thing that has been working great is when you find the birds working the surface look for slicks on the outside of the birds where bigger fish are still Fred deep on the scraps, and jig em up! Been working great for me. I know Marty and Capt John slayed them down the chop tank today but I'll let him fill you in, I'm sure there will be a post
Catch em up!
Old 11-02-2015, 02:49 PM

It was wide open for me Saturday morning Capt Charlie. Never did see the new Big Will but I don't know what it looks like. The old one was easy to pick out. Going again tomorrow morning and hoping to catch them on the jig this time as I hope there are less boats. Saturday was ridiculous. I did best on my drop sinker rigs with tandom tsunamis. Thanks for the tips.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:22 PM

Just like the old shampoo commercial...... She told two friends and she told two friends and so on and so on! I really appreciate the info and personally have no problem sharing info or locations I think it's great and keep it coming. I just feel sorry for the crew that put in the time and effort to locate them, share the info with a couple close friends and then they can't even fish the area they found the fish congregating because news of nice fish travels so quickly. Oh well that's technology, keep them reports coming just not on the tidalfart site!
Old 11-02-2015, 05:48 PM

I'll tack this onto Charlie's thread because it's pretty much the same info from the same area.

Last Thursday, had our limit (10 fish) in about 45 minutes. Some fish 23-24, some fish 30+; most fish 26-28.
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1933.jpg (93.0 KB, 8 views)