Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2013, 09:17 AM

Default Fishing Stocks (Formerly in NRP Checks Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat09 View Post
At about 1:30 pm on Monday May 27th (Menorial Day) near the green #1 at the Rhode/West, I turned around to see a Maryland DNR police boat approaching. “Hey Kate, I think that we’re getting pulled over!” I exclaimed as the patrol boat slowed and pulled alongside. The crew could obviously see that we had a current fishing license for the boat, and one of the officers asked us if we had any luck fishing. We told them of our success, and informed them that our catch was alive in our live well.

The officers motioned as if to show them our catch, so we invited them aboard to check. One of the officers came aboard, checked the live well to his satisfaction, and then proceeded to give us a safety inspection. We passed with flying colors, and the two officers were soon on their way. Before they left, I told them to catch the guys setting the illegal nets measuring in miles. It was good to see that the DNR was out enforcing the regulations; if we had more of that, the fish stocks might not be as decimated as they are.

The feds say the stock is not decimated. (refer to the ASMFC 2011 report on Striped Bass) http://www.asmfc.org/. But what do they know, they are only scientists.