Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-13-2013, 10:09 PM

Had an HDS10 stolen off my boat on the trailer behind the motel in Kiptopeake last Dec. Had a DuraSafe lock on the bracket and the thief cut the bracket. So the lock did it's job, but the thief still got the goodies and the lock. The Gen1 wiring worked on the Gen2 replacement. My insurance went up more than $100 when it came time to renew. At least the dirty crook disconnected the wiring and didn't cut it. I feel your pain. If you think you see your unit on Craigslist, the police will have to follow up on it. CL will not disclose any info to private parties. And if you buy a unit you think may be stolen, it can be confiscated and you may be criminally liable for receiving stolen goods if it is hot and you admit that you thought that to be the case. A serial number can confirm identity of your unit, but being able to describe stored waypoints and describe the tracks stored on the unit can help confirm a positive ID of your property.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:30 AM

Too man thieves out there unfortunately. I was hit when my boat was at Breezy Point. It is not a good feeling to have another person rooting through your personal property. Hopefully the thieves get what is coming to them.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:02 AM

Marty,

From one crime victim to another, I'm sorry to hear it. I feel your pain, and I hope that they catch the POS, lock 'em up, and throw the key away...

Don
Old 09-15-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat09 View Post
I hope that they catch the POS, lock 'em up, and throw the key away...

Don
Since they seem to be into electronics, maybe the Electric Chair would be a more fitting punishment?!?! Easier on us tax payers too!
I hope they catch 'em either way!

Old 09-15-2013, 01:57 PM

Use this to search Craigs list. Easier then looking at each city.

http://www.searchtempest.com/
Old 09-16-2013, 11:05 AM

Or try this to search every Craigslist listing:
http://www.searchcraigslist.org/
Old 09-16-2013, 02:47 PM

Dude.. Very sorry for the loss, but thankfully all replaceable. Kept my boat in Ocean City years ago, everything well until final night.. Left all gear down below and when we got to boat for last day of fishing, the hatch was open.. Not good.. All rods, reels and tackle gone... Needless to say our last day of fishing was the day before...
Old 09-16-2013, 07:55 PM

Brian; so true about it all being replaceable. We have a saying in our household since my kids were very little (they are now married adults), "if money can fix the problem, it's not a big problem".
We see people everyday with physical or mental health problems that would trade situations with me in a heart beat.
Sometimes we get selfish and egotistical in the lives we live. Once and a while, I need to step back and realize how lucky I am.
5th (Marty)

Last edited by 5th Tuition; 09-16-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Brian; so true about it all being replaceable. We have a saying in our household since my kids were very little (they are now married adults), "if money can fix the problem, it's not a big problem".
We see people everyday with physical or mental health problems that would trade situations with me in a heart beat.
Sometimes we get selfish and egotistical in the lives we live. Once and a while, I need to step back and realize how lucky I am.
5th (Marty)
Grasshopper, breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. Relax and clear your mind. Marty, you are right about looking around you and and putting things in perspective. However, I am a huge believer that what goes around, comes around. It may take a while but these thieves will be caught and hopefully punished. Let me know if you need any help installing or repairing anything, I'm off on Fridays.

bhl (Bruce)
Old 09-17-2013, 12:44 PM

Thanks guys for all the offers of waypoints and installation assistance. I would have a new unit in the boat right now, except Jim told me they go on sale this Friday because of the boat show prices

Lets just say this story is unfolding the way I had hoped it might. Thanks to everyone who emailed or PM'ed me with information. I may even get my old unit back
5th