Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2013, 03:57 PM

Default Need weekday summer volunteers!

I have been asked to coordinate volunteer boats for the MSSA to help the Annapolis City Police Summer Fishing Camp take city youth out fishing for the day. This will be bottom fishing out of Sandy Point State Park with a few youth and their officer chaperones. I am in need of about 9-10 boats on each Tuesday July 9th, with a rain date of Thursday July 11th and Tuesday Aug 13th, with a rain date of the 15th from 8am to noon (arrive at SPSP by 7:30am). We prefer boats 22' and over who can fish 4 people plus the capt.

You need not be an excellent fisherman as the kids are excited to be on the boats and catch bottom fish, such as perch and spot. Boats that find some rockfish also are typically willing to help the other boats find the fish too. It is recommended that boats be 22' or over, able to fish one officer and 3 children, and have all safety gear necessary for the crew. Bait will be provided.

If you are able to volunteer your boat and time to help this program, whether it is on the initial date or even the rain date if it is needed, please email me at ifishmd@gmail.com or my cell is 410-533-1435.

I understand that these dates are during the week making it difficult for some to attend. However if you have a flexible schedule and are able to help, your volunteerism is appreciated.

Article on last years camp found here: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...0,706764.story

This is a great time! There is nothing like sharing fishing with a kid!

Last edited by B-Faithful; 05-29-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:39 PM

I can help out both days.

Had fun last year - good to show these young kids the better side of life and what hard honest work can get you.

Even though only four hours - it can really help these kids and their future.

Just the fact some one cares enough to take them on a boat means a lot to them.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:51 AM

Two weeks to go and could use 2 more boats or so.

If you can spare the time to share a day on the water with some kids and police officers, contact me at ifishmd@gmail.com or call my cell at 410-533-1435

July 9th is the first date or July 11th back up date.