Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-31-2017, 10:05 AM

Default end of 2017

Sad photo. As 2017 comes to an end, remember all the good times we had on the boat chasing fish and enjoying the companionship of other anglers. As the new year rings in; anticipate all the future adventures that will be forthcoming.
Mike, get healed. I see you are getting out more frequently. I have no doubt you will be on your boat, or a friends boat for the start of the 2018 Trophy Season.
To all my CBA friends, best wishes for a healthy happy new year!!
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2657.jpg (94.5 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by 5th Tuition; 12-31-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:05 PM

Thanks buddy
Old 01-01-2018, 07:11 PM

Happy new year everyone. We'll be back on the water in no time.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot77 View Post
Happy new year everyone. We'll be back on the water in no time.
Looking at the current weather, I’m not so sure about this statement!

Old 01-04-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessie27 View Post
Looking at the current weather, I’m not so sure about this statement!
I have to set goals in order to suffer through this miserable time of year.

1. Next week it will be in the mid 40's. Not too bad and it will melt all of this crap we're seeing now. I'll be in Jacksonville next week seeing a few 70 degree + days so that will be nice "fast forward therapy."

2. At the end of next week we are just a hair over a month away from the PSG Flea Market. We've made this into such an event over the year that it's become the next best thing to actually being out fishing. We spend 25x more on food and beer during the day than we do fishing gear. Usually.

3. One month from that we are into the middle of March and many are splashing their boats. We might still get snow, but it won't last long if we do.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:50 AM

Come on MARCH!!!!! I secretly try to beat Marty in the water and I know he shoots for St Pat’s Day. He is tough competition as I THINK he splashes, fishes, then when things slow down after trophy season, he pulls and paints. I hope to splash for the entire season when I go over. Any in between hauls mean something is wrong.

PS- I know a Parker owner who does this sometimes too and he does it “without remorse”.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:06 PM

Yes, I like to splash mine before the trophy season and pull n' paint when things slow down. I surely don't ragret it...

Quote:
Come on MARCH!!!!! I secretly try to beat Marty in the water and I know he shoots for St Pat’s Day. He is tough competition as I THINK he splashes, fishes, then when things slow down after trophy season, he pulls and paints. I hope to splash for the entire season when I go over. Any in between hauls mean something is wrong.

PS- I know a Parker owner who does this sometimes too and he does it “without remorse”.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:

Hey Jeff;
I'm getting too old to lay on the wet cold spring ground to paint the bottom. My "cycle" is now to splash mid/late March (yes I shoot for St Patties Day; but it depends on my mechanic). The water is still cool and not much growth accumulates on the transducers or hull.
After Trophy season, I power wash the bottom to remove any growth and I may hit the waterline with new paint (tape it off and do a quick roll about six inches down).
During the summer, the bottom stays relatively clean from use Last year, the growth on the transducers was terrible. I had to jump over the sides and clean them every 2/3 weeks
Early fall (Sept/Oct), I pull the boat, power wash, and paint. She now has a clean pretty bottom and good transducers for the CBA Tournament and Judge Shootout
Of course, it didn't help me this year. Jason spanked us pretty good
But, the boat has plenty of paint on the hull to last through the end of December and into the Trophy season.
I have been using Pettit "HydraCoat" for several years. It's an ablative water based paint that doesn't have a chemical smell, and it covers further than regular paint. Good Stuff !!

If anyone wants to get out of "painting" this spring; just tell yourself you are trying "Marty's Method".

P.S. I have a green "undercoat" of paint, with blue paint showing on the hull. When signs of "green" start showing through the blue paint, I know I have to get busy
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2713.jpg (94.3 KB, 6 views)