Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-26-2013, 06:09 PM

Default More rod holders

No pictures yet to share but I put three more rod holders on the new Judge I swear, one day I'll have as many as Jeff (Justified)

I actually had them placed to "free up" some additional gunnel space. With the second station, the "middle" rod holder on the gunnel was really in the way when landing a fish. By adding two "0" degree holders under the roof "ladder", I can fish my heavy umbrella more forward.

I also had a rodholder placed in the center of the transom (directly behind the motor/or in front of the motor depending on your perspective). This will be used to "move" rods around to create a lane for bringing in big fish.

I'm having some LED lights added and we should be back in the water soon (maybe next Monday).

Seems like such a waste to have 23 rod holders and only able to run 6 lines during PSCR In all honesty, I wish we didn't have to run 16-18 lines to catch a limit once the season is here. But what would Rob's (fishnut) dad do during the winter if I didn't have to buy so many lures

Fishing season is here!!!! I've been invited to fish several times so far this week. If it wasn't for selling the old boat, and haveing work done on the new boat, I would have wet a line for sure.

5th (Marty)
Old 02-26-2013, 07:36 PM

Default Quit while your ahead

Now, now Marty, you don't want too many rod holders!! I have learned that you then have to fill them with rods, reels, line, swivels, leaders, baits (usually 2 per), shads, and stinger hooks How are you supposed to fill the damn thing with fuel to get it out of the slip after layin' out all that cash??

I agree about the 6 rod PSCR thing being a pain. Anyone can run 6; I need to practice getting 21 out!!! I even thought about just rigging with weights (no baits) and putting out everything a few times for a test run with the full spread. Can't be against the rules to drag just weights can it? I understand it won't be exactly the same but it should work for practice.

I hope to be overboard by the end of next week (8th) so I can get some things done and get a little practice in before moving south in early April. I'm sure like most other working stiffs, I am REALLY looking forward to daylight savings time on the 10th!

BTW Marty- 29 is the magic number so keep on adding!!

-Jeff
Old 02-26-2013, 09:17 PM

29:eek;
you are getting up there with Greg Buckner
5th
Old 02-27-2013, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
29:eek;
you are getting up there with Greg Buckner
5th
now if I can just get a tournament PAYDAY like he had...
Old 02-27-2013, 12:30 PM

Damn Marty I can see you know winds at 50+, rain coming down in torrents, fog as thick as churned butter, and you are out there throwing planers into the torrent and dropping 72 umbrellas behind the boat...

Thank god you don't have a head on that boat or you would be putting a rod holder in there.... he he....I think that might be a good idea...Wonder if there is a line of "Kate" rod holders for heads in boats...Uh he he...I said Kate and head in the same sentence...That would be amazing....

If you get a chance to go out on one of the weekend days let me know...This work thing is really keeping me busy during the week....

Old 02-27-2013, 05:35 PM

Well; the original 5th Tuition was sold today. The new owners are tickled to get her. She served me well for 12 years and still had plenty of life left in her. The Judge has some big shoes to fill

Now, I have some more money to spend on the new boat I can't put in more rod holders because I'm afraid it might not be structurally sound with more holes in the gunnel.

The first purchase will be a new spare tire and rim for the trailer. Second might be some new reels to replace some older 309's. And lastly, the wife wants a 6 foot plastic palm tree with LED lights for the deck

Godspeed 5th Tuition;
5th (Marty)
Old 02-27-2013, 07:37 PM

Cool deal on 23 rod holders - how many did you put on the other side ?

Congrats on selling your other boat.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Tuition View Post
Well; the original 5th Tuition was sold today. The new owners are tickled to get her. She served me well for 12 years and still had plenty of life left in her. The Judge has some big shoes to fill

Now, I have some more money to spend on the new boat I can't put in more rod holders because I'm afraid it might not be structurally sound with more holes in the gunnel.

The first purchase will be a new spare tire and rim for the trailer. Second might be some new reels to replace some older 309's. And lastly, the wife wants a 6 foot plastic palm tree with LED lights for the deck

Godspeed 5th Tuition;
5th (Marty)

How about a nice comfy deck chair for one of your uglier guests to sleep in?
Old 02-27-2013, 09:15 PM

I was thinking more like a "zero gravity" chair so Mike can feel like he's floating while waiting for the drag to sing
5th
Old 02-27-2013, 09:16 PM

Congrats on selling the boat! I'm sure it was a bitter/sweet day but the new owner will now get to make some great memories with her and that leaves you open to focus on the new ride!!

Soooo sorry to hear that you probably won't be able to add anymore holders.

Our timing is a bit off for selling stuff; I just sold 5 more reels on Sunday (Shimano Tekota 700's). These were the last ones I'm selling.

6' Palm tree??? I guess if that's what wifey wants, it behooves you to get it. Anything to keep the better half happy right?

Congrats again and see you Saturday (BTW, I bet I can talk Bill into taking your boat in on trade for a new 36'?????)
-Jeff