Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Gear, Tackle, Electronics

Old 08-13-2008, 06:31 PM

Question Need Help on new unit..

I’m looking at purchasing a LCX-28 HD or the LCX-27C. Do either of these units support radar. I’m using split units at this time and wanting a new set-up. I’m using a Lowrance for my sounder and a Garmin for GPS. What would be the best in details in mapping, NauticPath or Navionics? I have also tossed around in buying a Garmin 545s along with the Lowrance unit. This would give me two sounders and two for GPS. Maybe an over kill but I think very reliable. Any other ideas or suggestions that I might want to look at. I fish inshore and offshore thought Florida. If that helps. Thanks
Old 08-15-2008, 06:43 AM
Administrator

On a Lowrance unit you'll like Navionics way better than Nauticpath. It is certainly worth the extra money. Garmin has always been known to have the best chartplotters. So the 545 (without the S) would be a great addition to your boat but it doesn't do radar and has a very small screen compared to the LCX-27/8.

If you are after a radar then the LCX series would be a good way to go. You can add the LRA-1800 or LRA-2400. Here is a link to the 1800 http://www.byownerelectronics.com/st...2&cat=0&page=1