Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-03-2012, 10:21 PM

Default Wish me luck

Well; here I go again. July 5th I head by train to Martha's Vineyard to sail home with my Preacher. Last time, I made the trip UP, this time, I make the trip Back. I pulled the boat, in case we have any more storms. Bag is packed, and all ready to go.
Depending on the weather, and whether we want to push it and get home earlier, it looks like a 7 day trip.
Day 1) Martha's Vineyard to Block Island. This is an easy leg and we can spend some time exploring the island on scooters and taking photo's.
Day 2) Block Island to New London. I look forward to a hot shower and nice steak.
Day 3) New London to West Haven. We may take the dingy to shore because the Preacher likes a Thai resturant in port. Last time I ate here, I had the chits for hours after returning to the boat.
Day 4) West Haven to Sandy Hook. Last time I went through N.Y. Harbor the fog was so thick we almost got killed by the tugs, ferries, and commercial trafic running through it.
Day 5) Sandy Hook to Cape May. This is our only ocean part of the trip, and the only part where we have to run at night. One good thing about Cape May, another good meal on land.
Day 6) Cape May to C&D Canal. The Delaware Bay can get nasty. I hope this is an easy leg, so close to home.
Day 7) C&D to Severn River. Back in my Home Waters!! I can count down each river as we pass. Once we hit Man of War schoals, I can even start looking for boats that my buddies fish. If I see their boat, I can run real close to them and listen to them cuss us out for messing up their fishing.

If the weather cooperates, we can consolidate the trip and make it in 5 days. I can be back fishing on Patent Pending or my boat (5th Tuition) in no time. Leave me some fish.

Have a safe holliday. See you all soon.
5th (Marty)
Old 07-03-2012, 11:08 PM

Marty,

Good luck, sounds like a great trip...Block is awesome this time of of year and Cape May ain't bad either...

:-)

Mike
Old 07-03-2012, 11:56 PM

Trailing winds and fair seas Marty...
Old 07-07-2012, 03:26 PM

When you say, "sail" do you really mean on a sailboat?

easy to get that thing at perfect trolling speed.....