Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-18-2011, 11:49 AM

Default Nice Knowing Ya...

Well, if the Caps losing in the second round 4- Nil, was punishment enough, apparently either the Worlds gonna end, or Christ is showing up, this Saturday, May 21, 2011.

So with this privileged information, I'd like to thank all of you for friendship and contributions to CBAngler.com.

I've enjoyed the fishing reports, hockey banter, and even meeting a lot of you at the Bethesda MSSA meetings.

In the meantime, may I suggest going " all out". Don't go to work for the rest of the week, do things to your wife, that you would never think of doing, don;t pay your mortgage or your credit cards. If you see a nice babe in line at the grocery store, go ahead, motorboat that beautiful rack.

What repercussions can possible happen ?? We are all gonna be dead....

I say go for it.

Whose with me ????
Old 05-18-2011, 02:30 PM

Awesome post brian. We are no longer allowed to talk sports { Hockey in particular} on this board . According to some it is b/s and this board is no longer a family???????? WTF I think we had like 3 hockey posts and you started them.So brian please keep this strictly a fishing report board from now on.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:36 PM

OK - but you better be sure.

I'm maxing out 5 credit cards at the strip club
Old 05-18-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplay View Post
Awesome post brian. We are no longer allowed to talk sports { Hockey in particular} on this board . According to some it is b/s and this board is no longer a family???????? WTF I think we had like 3 hockey posts and you started them.So brian please keep this strictly a fishing report board from now on.
I am sorry if I offended you. I would just like this site to take off and do well or at least as well as last year. I was just stating that anyone coming on this sight is immediately going to log off when they go to a fishing forum and see bashing, sports talk and sales pitches for individuals personal gain. This site is set up for all of that stuff in specified forums.

1. Sports should talked about in "Off Topic"
2. Boat sales pitches should be in "Boats for Sale"
3. Jokes and etc should be in "Everything Else"
4. Meetings should be in "Announcements"

I hope you get my point. When people come on here and click on Maryland Bay Angling they are not expecting a "Boys Club" with comments and posts that have nothing to do with fishing.

The other fishing sites have mods that would not tolerate people posting the way they do here and would move the post to the right forum or delete it altogether. I pay subscriptions to the other places and get what I pay for. Having said that I do not even know why I am wasting my time responding to your comment. I guess I really felt a connection to a few good guys here last year that arent posting any longer.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:31 PM

I must have missed something.. Eh, doesn't matter we are all toast...

See you all "between the pipes" on the other side. I'll be the one with a hockey stick in right hand and a baitcaster in the left...
Old 05-19-2011, 06:33 AM

You did not offend me at all. We can move everything to the areas you want. Sounds like you rely on these fishing reports on this site way too much. Put your time in and you will find fish. I believe you said you come out of the rhodes river??? Spent all my fall time in your neck of the woods last year. You say you do not like the sales pitches on this site??? I guess we need to get rid of the advertisers on here. You miss the couple of guys who use to post fishing reports all the time. They stopped because there spot got burned.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:26 AM

I;m trying to keep my mouth shut. I really am.. But... ah, you know me.

Until this place becomes a viable resource for fishing, I really don't see any reason not to "liven" the place up with banter unrelated to fishing. It took Brandon years and years and years, and eventually a "pay for site" to gain enough respect to eliminate day to day banter, and focus on fishing.

This place is still In utero. I do appreciate Jim's efforts to run this joint. But until a commitment is made to hire a moderator, and a commitment made by members, this place will always be TF Lite. Which is fine, if that what Jim wants. He's busy selling electronics for gods sakes, making his cash.

So now then, whose been fishing, and where are the reports ??

I'm going tonight, before 5.21 to get one more trip in, and I promise a full report in the AM.

PP, what the hell happened in the 3rd last night ??? I fell asleep at 3-2...
Old 05-19-2011, 09:38 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakesdad View Post
I;m trying to keep my mouth shut. I really am.. But... ah, you know me.

Until this place becomes a viable resource for fishing, I really don't see any reason not to "liven" the place up with banter unrelated to fishing. It took Brandon years and years and years, and eventually a "pay for site" to gain enough respect to eliminate day to day banter, and focus on fishing.

This place is still In utero. I do appreciate Jim's efforts to run this joint. But until a commitment is made to hire a moderator, and a commitment made by members, this place will always be TF Lite. Which is fine, if that what Jim wants. He's busy selling electronics for gods sakes, making his cash.

So now then, whose been fishing, and where are the reports ??

I'm going tonight, before 5.21 to get one more trip in, and I promise a full report in the AM.

PP, what the hell happened in the 3rd last night ??? I fell asleep at 3-2...
Brian i don't know ???? I turned on the nhl network this morning and it said 7-2 i think. I went to bed at 3-2 also. Vancouver will be tought to beat. Good luck fishing tonight