Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > Fishing Reports

Old 04-21-2016, 08:39 AM

Default 4/20 On the line

Decided to make a evening trip to see if bite for me at least, was any better. The season so far for me has been a bust. Dale has been making some evening trips with boss after work and nailing them "up north". Pulled out of bodkin about 4:45 and ran straight out front to the channel. Got spread out and began zig zagging channel while working south. Wasn't out long and got call from Dales boss that he just boated one and since he was in same area my hopes were high! Well, we zig zagged south, we zig zagged north without a single strike. As we were approaching spring boundary line by the patapsco with sun setting we decided it wasn't going to happen again and began clearing lines. Started on first line on port when "BAM" port short rigger clip pops with solid strike and we are hooked up! After short battle we have a 40" on the deck. She was still pre spawn but sorry guys I have worked too damn hard not to keep her, needed some meat! So long story short, hopefully my dry spell is over. Thank you Dale for sharing intel and Marty for the suggestions to get that skunk out of the boat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (20.1 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-21-2016, 08:49 AM

That's more like it
Reports show that fishing is starting to pick up down south.
5th
Old 04-21-2016, 04:02 PM

As I flew over the Bay on the way back home last night around 7:00 PM I counted 3 dozen boats off of Poplar Island and almost 3 dozen spread across the bay east to west from Bloody Point Light...

Somebody is either doing a lot of fishing and not catching, or not sharing their success.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:40 AM

Welcome back Mike. You seem to have that Florida fishing dialed in. The only thing I seem to catch while in Florida or now even the Bahamas is cold fronts. Jay and I leave Next sudsy for tarpon in the keys and I hope that leaving this late in the year a cold front doesn't follow. Any reports from northern Florida on the tarpon? I hope they haven't passed by the keys already although it is usually prime time now. If so god knows there is plenty else to fish for down there.