Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2019, 08:33 AM

Default Timing is everything

Took a ride with Marty 5th last Friday to have his side curtains repaired and one of the conversations we had while driving was that I was thinking about putting the mako up for sale because of needing another leg surgery at the end of May and also not using the boat as much since my accident at work. Later that same night Marty began texting me that he had a potential buyer and set up a time for us to meet on Saturday to have a look at boat and possible sea trial.
We met Saturday afternoon and were met with a stiff NW wind that had the creek blown out. I let Marty and his friend Alan go on board to check her out and I joined in a few minutes later to answer any questions. Alan seemed to really like the boat and asked if we could take her out on Sunday to sea trial after winds had a chance to lay down.
We met again on Sunday and We took her out and as expected had no problems. I actually think Allen was a little intimidated by the speed the ol girl could obtain.
The deal was made and now I’m without a fishing boat for the first time in over 35 years. The mako is going back to her birthplace in south Florida without me this time.
Kinda of bitter sweet since I’ve had her since1989 when she was new but I know she is going to a good home where she be taken care of.
I’m currently trying to find a Tiara open sport with diesels to replace both boats with. If anyone sees a later model let me know.
I can’t thank Marty enough for finding a buyer so quick and helping out with the showing. I owe him and Mel a nice crab feast.
For now I’m boatless but standing on a pier near you with pants leg hiked up, thump in the air trying to hitch a ride!
Old 03-19-2019, 09:36 AM

WOW! You bought that boat the year after I graduated high school.

I suppose we are all getting old, but it beats the alternative.

Sorry to hear about needing another surgery, especially at the beginning of fishing season. Maybe you'll be able to hop on Marty's boat on decent weather days?
Old 03-20-2019, 02:20 PM

Pic's of Mike's Mako headed to a new home. Guess I can't call him Mako Mike anymore, looks like "Eddie Haskel" is going to have to stick for a while until he finds another boat
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (93.5 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by 5th Tuition; 03-20-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:25 PM

Another pic of the "ole girl" headed to a new home.
5th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (50.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 03-20-2019, 06:36 PM

Thanks again for your help getting her there today Alan and I would never have got it in that hole or should I say thread that needle without you!
I am now accepting bids on taking me fishing highest bid wins😎 After all you haven’t fished with a legend until you’ve fished with Eddie Haskell!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5EBA5E37-35DB-459B-90F8-7E5F11DC0D7C.jpg (20.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 03-21-2019, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako mike View Post
Took a ride with Marty 5th last Friday to have his side curtains repaired and one of the conversations we had while driving was that I was thinking about putting the mako up for sale because of needing another leg surgery at the end of May and also not using the boat as much since my accident at work. Later that same night Marty began texting me that he had a potential buyer and set up a time for us to meet on Saturday to have a look at boat and possible sea trial.
We met Saturday afternoon and were met with a stiff NW wind that had the creek blown out. I let Marty and his friend Alan go on board to check her out and I joined in a few minutes later to answer any questions. Alan seemed to really like the boat and asked if we could take her out on Sunday to sea trial after winds had a chance to lay down.
We met again on Sunday and We took her out and as expected had no problems. I actually think Allen was a little intimidated by the speed the ol girl could obtain.
The deal was made and now I’m without a fishing boat for the first time in over 35 years. The mako is going back to her birthplace in south Florida without me this time.
Kinda of bitter sweet since I’ve had her since1989 when she was new but I know she is going to a good home where she be taken care of.
I’m currently trying to find a Tiara open sport with diesels to replace both boats with. If anyone sees a later model let me know.
I can’t thank Marty enough for finding a buyer so quick and helping out with the showing. I owe him and Mel a nice crab feast.
For now I’m boatless but standing on a pier near you with pants leg hiked up, thump in the air trying to hitch a ride!
Gee Wizz Eddie,
There is a nice 36 Judge with a diesel for sale on Yacht World

Signed,
The Beav.

27 Judge "HOOK 'EM"
bhl (Bruce)
Old 03-22-2019, 03:21 PM

What goes around, comes around I helped Mako Mike with the sale of his boat and delivery. Today Mark (Mlag) came to the house and we changed all the filters as well as the top and bottom fluids. Pulled the prop and greased it as well as all the fittings.
Took several hours, but she's ready for splashing. I'll uncover her Sunday and load her up. Looks like a trip to my Deale slip is in order later next week.
Shakedown cruise after April 1st, and ready for a trip or two PSCR.
The season is upon me. Thanks Mark for all your assistance.
5th
Old 03-22-2019, 10:54 PM

Marty looks like i am just about on the same schedule as you.

Will be great to get out again.