Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-05-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigStix View Post
Marty, I love your passion/obsession with PSCR last year
I agree with you though, don't trust DNR, but don't trust MSSA or CCA either. No matter what they say, they will always do what's in their best interest.
Thanks; I feel I have to keep rubbing their noses in such a stupid decision.

As for trusting DNR, MSSA, CCA, or any organization, I think they are all suspected of being to "political". I believe the "grass roots" of the organizations are made up of good people trying to do an honest days work, but the upper divisions are made up of to many people who know how to "play the game".
Rham Emanuel expressed it rather nicely when he said "never let a crises go to waste". It clearly shows how politicians think; and why we should be skeptical of their actions.
5th (Marty)
Maryland: Restricting C/R - Promoting C/K
Old 02-06-2011, 04:28 PM

Well isn't this just terrible news on several levels. I am pretty upset about this.

First, these guys should all be shot. They are stealing, plain and simple.

Second, they are cruel. I dont want to hear any more comments about how I should or should not handle a fish. They are straining the bay with gill nets for crying out loud.

Third, stop bitching about C&R causing damage to the fish. These poachers killed 7,000 pound of fish. C&R is not going to put anywhere near a dent into the fish population like the poachers. If we just enforced the existing laws, people wouldn't feel like we need more.

Lastly, and most importantly, I have perpetually used poachers as the number one reason why on my best day I am only medicore at catching rockfish. Fewer fish means they are harder to catch. Catching the poachers is going to mess with my most reliable excuse!

Seriously now....I hope they catch them all and prosecute them to the highest standard of the law.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remedy View Post
These poachers killed 7,000 pound of fish.
Tim, it was actually over 20,000lbs in 3 days that is known..

Question is, how many other illegal commercial nets are anchored in the bay that the poachers will not retrieve due to all the publicity