Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-01-2009, 04:51 PM

I use the reports a lot.

I launch from the same ramp out of my marina all the time. So they let me know whether I should go north, south over to Eastern Bay when I come out of the river.

The reports also let me hone in my approach for a trip. For example, now it is good to know the general depth of water people are catching fish and if they caught deep or up top. During the summer I may change what I am fishing for (i.e. flounder, croaker, etc.) or have to put different tackle on the boat like when macs show up.

When I fish off my boat I have not issue telling you where I fish and I usually post a report every time. I am of the opinion that there are no "secret" spots. Some spots are hot on a given trip and cold the next trip.

When I fish off someone elses boat I don't post. Also I talk to a number of people during the week and if they share info I will not put it in my reports. I will tell you about technique but locations will be very general like "mid bay".

Jerry
'06 Boston Whaler Conquest 235
Rhode River