Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-11-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggydaddy View Post
All the rest of them have already gone cheap & worthless I don't see why John Deere's falling for the same thing they will just lose customers.
Reds things aren't the same as in 1983 before corperate america decided to sell their country down the river. Both my parents & my aunt worked for John Deere when they made all their own equipment forged the steel welded the parts together & assembled everything in this country......it's very different now they have almost everything made out of country & put their name on.......old man Deere would be turning in his grave like a rotissery chicken if he knew whats been done.
John Deere still makes quality products. You just have to deal with John Deere and not Home Depot etc.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds View Post
John Deere still makes quality products. You just have to deal with John Deere and not Home Depot etc.
That is correct. The line John Deere makes for Home Depot is " more affordable."
If you want the quality John Deere, you will need to go to a John Deere dealer and pay more for the quality product.There might be some truth in it that John Deere was a better product in 1983 but they still make a quality product. You can't compare apples and oranges with a true John Deere and one made to be sold at Home Depot. The cost of each should tell you something......Gary
Old 07-13-2010, 03:24 PM

The way I see it they are putting their name on junk, not afordable mowers they are large enough they don't need to sell cheap mowers at lowes or depot it only makes them look bad.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
The way I see it they are putting their name on junk, not afordable mowers they are large enough they don't need to sell cheap mowers at lowes or depot it only makes them look bad.
It's all about the money. In a slow economy, people can't afford the more expensive better quality John Deere mowers. Their marketing director has come up with a plan and it is making them more money than pissing people off. We all have choices and when you see a John Deere so inexpensive.......you have got to be able to figure it out.......Let the buyer beware..............Gary
Old 07-13-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabby and son View Post
It's all about the money. In a slow economy, people can't afford the more expensive better quality John Deere mowers. Their marketing director has come up with a plan and it is making them more money than pissing people off. We all have choices and when you see a John Deere so inexpensive.......you have got to be able to figure it out.......Let the buyer beware..............Gary
We didn't think $1,700 was cheap for a mower, it said John Deere on the thing so we thought we're getting quality.....at 100 hrs it needed a new head that was a grand at 285 hours it blew up.....we take good care of them oil changes filters keep the blades sharp....the last three mowers with Briggs & Stratton engines all blew up. I'm aware now & will NEVER buy another one or anything with BRiggs & Stratton in it.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
We didn't think $1,700 was cheap for a mower, it said John Deere on the thing so we thought we're getting quality.....at 100 hrs it needed a new head that was a grand at 285 hours it blew up.....we take good care of them oil changes filters keep the blades sharp....the last three mowers with Briggs & Stratton engines all blew up. I'm aware now & will NEVER buy another one or anything with BRiggs & Stratton in it.
I have the John Deere L130 with a 23 HP Kohler motor on it. I paid $2600.00 for it. The motor is fine but I have had the small guide wheels bend and now I have to cross the starter with a screw driver to start as one of the safety switches went bad. I just can't afford a $7000.00 lawn tractor but I knew before I bought it that it wasn't the good ole John deere. It is what it is........Gary