Partner Sites:  www.BOEmarine.com | www.ClubSeaRay.com | www.BandofBoaters.com

Go Back   CBAngler.com - Chesapeake Bay Angler - The Ultimate Fisherman's Resource > CBAngler Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-08-2012, 06:57 PM

Default Building up Mojo Points

I have been on Mark's (Mlag) boat a couple of times. His Judge is set up pretty sweet, so whenever I'm on it I scope out something new to do to mine Below the drawers on the back of his dinnette is a hatch. When you open the hatch he has a custom made box that holds several Plano fishing tackle boxes. We have a couple of pullout drawers, but drawers are like rod holders, you never have enough.

I took some measurements and was about to buy some pressure treated wood from Home Depot to make a box, but I went online and found something at Bass Pro that will fit in the enclousure nearly perfect.

Off to Bass Pro Shop. When I got to the correct section, I see a guy holding one of the two display boxes and speaking into his cell phone. With a thick accent, he's explaining the box to someone. He's taking out each plastic box, examining it, sliding it in and out, turning the box upside down, and even inverting to make sure they would fit in either way. I could tell it was some Nordic language.

Anyway, he takes one of the boxes and walks down the aisle checking out other soft bags with Plano Boxes in them. He's still on the phone chatting away. I go over and grab the last box and head over to a different section to look at some other stuff (like a 2 oz cripple herring).

When I'm done, I mosey back to the tackle bag section and he's still there. As I walk past him, he says "If you don't want that tackle box, I could use two." Well, if you know me, that's enough to start up a conversation about fishing and where he was from. It turns out he's from Sweden and he was headed back tomorrow on a ship. I was showing him pic's of the fish we catch in the bay. He loved the rockfish we caught last spring.

As you can suspect, I gave him my box and he was tickled pink. I told him I could order one online and have it in a couple of days. He needed it more.

So I guess I got a couple of good mojo points. I need them for when the big girls get back here. I heard whispers of some quality fish being caught already. The ones I got on Tuesday (26 to 28 inches) had row in them when we cleaned them. The gannetts are back, so the bigger bait is here. The big ones can't be far away.

Now I just have to get me one of them boxes

5th (Marty)
p.s. we will be out tomorrow and Saturday.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:00 PM

I wonder how the bass fishing is in Sweden?

Hope those mojo points kick in for you tomorrow. I'm sitting here right now repairing a reel out of old parts I've been saving for years from other destroyed reels. And can you believe it? I ACTUALLY HAVE the parts I need. I guess I done did sumpthin good for someone at some point, eh?

Anyway, let's hope we all land some fish tomorrow. We plan to be out for no less than 9 hours.